Job ID 00000122778 Date posted 06/25/2019 Location North Charleston, South Carolina, United States Company The Boeing Company
Processes computing requirements. Participates in a multidisiplined range of technical systems and application support activities. Supports the installation, configuration and maintenance of multiplatform systems hardware, software and components. Documents, implements and maintains computer applications. Assists with release planning for software and hardware across the system. Assists with evaluation of architecture to ensure compatibility with computing system. Assists with evaluation of system against architectural objectives. Restores routine computing service operations. Supports problem determination/resolution and security of information systems.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an Associate Versatile Technologist for the Global IT Infrastructure Services (GITIS) team. Global IT Infrastructure Services (GITIS) is the largest services group within Boeing IT whose job is to keep the lights on across Boeing globally, and to keep technology and its delivery ahead of the current technology curve. From factory floors to supply chain to individual desktops - we serve our most valuable asset - our people. Part of GITIS is the Infrastructure Transformation (IX) group where we are building a consulting practice. This team will be responsible for the development and support of technology for GITIS and various IT and Digital Analytics teams. The position will be located in North Charleston, South Carolina, Bellevue, Washington, Chicago, Illinois, or St. Louis, Missouri.
To that effect, we intend to welcome DevOps team members within GITIS/IX who have a sense of urgency to transform the infrastructure of the GITIS organization. The importance of this role is to Learn Fast, Work Smarter, Provide Value-Driven Outcomes, and Make a Bigger Impact within a fast-paced environment. In this role, members create, develop and maintain software application code and designs software systems across the complete software development lifecycle.
* Automate all aspects of secure software development, deployment phases
* Automate all aspects of secure software defined infrastructure deployment
* Maintain existing and future software services code and configuration
* Make recommendations for improvements to existing implementations following enterprise architecture practices
* Help implement new technologies in development for future deployment
* Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfers and mentorship to peers as required
* Implement and improve development CI/CD software pipelines
DevOps team members are responsible for spreading knowledge, ideas, and hands-on implementation skills needed to deliver and run software services. They are responsible for ensuring that the team and client have an understanding of operational requirements and take a shared responsibility for implementing, delivering, and running software services. They are expected to work with other DevOps team members across GITIS on common practices and coaching. The role requires cross-functional collaboration and strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, technical fluency, empathy, humility, an understanding of the product vs. project mindset. Successful candidates will help mature the DevOps tool stack and contribute to the methodology and software development discipline.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master, 6 year's related work experience, etc.)
* The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
* 1+ Years of experience in infrastructure systems in LAN and WAN environments
* 1+ Years of experience with data center infrastructure and technologies including network and transport services, server clusters and virtualization, and storage
* 1+ Years of experience in the Agile Software development lifecycle
* 1+ Years of experience in scripting language
* Experience using DevOps/CI-CD and supporting tools such as TFS, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory, Git
* 1+ Years of experience interfacing to embedded processors for system control and monitoring
* Experience with containerization tools similar to Docker
* Experience with SSL certificate management
* Experience deploying at least one continuous integration tool such as Jenkins
* Experience with DevOps on AWS, Azure or VMWare
* Experience with some source code management system similar to Git
* Experience configuring physical or software defined load balancers
* Nessus products
* Experience with products that continuously scan code for security
* Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms
* Experience with one or more infrastructure provisioning tools for example but not limited to one or more of Kubernetes, Rancher, Chef, Ansible, Packer, Terraform
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Experience with monitoring tools for example but not limited to one or more of Splunk, ELK stack, Prometheus, Grafana
* Ability to context-switch between multiple projects, codebases, and concepts with ease
* Pivotal CloudFoundry
* Active AWS or Azure DevOps certification and corresponding domain knowledge
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.