What you'll be doing...
The Wireless Network Management Center is seeking driven and highly motivated Associates to join our team. The Associate Technician position is responsible for centralized Tier 1 troubleshooting, operation and the management of the Verizon Wireless' Network. As a part of a highly visible team, you are accountable for ensuring high network availability and attainment of service levels. As an Associate Technician you will learn and apply new technical skills to support the interdepartmental objectives including: effectively communicating and escalating network issues to ensure quick resolution; utilizing a network management system to detect network events; and creating trouble tickets to document issues. Additional responsibilities include answering incoming telephone calls to the WNMC.
* Perform triage, fault isolation, and remediation of network events.
* Work with external and internal Verizon organizations coordinating and troubleshooting network events.
* Providing timely and accurate network technical assistance to external teams by communicating technical details and status to customer service centers, technical support organizations, and executive management teams during network events and major outages.
* The WNMC operates 24x7 to provide continuous management and support of the wireless network. Willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary.
What we're looking for...
You'll Need To Have
* Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
* Experience inMS Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Gmail, and general computer skills.
Even Better If You Have
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or any other related discipline.
* Knowledge of LTE networks and 1X to 5G technologies.
* Knowledge of Cloud and Virtualized solutions (OpenStack/ VMWare).
* Scripting with Python, No-JS, Perl, or equivalent languages.
* Ability to follow established guidelines, policies, and procedures.
* Ability to work in a high-pressure, dynamic environment and adjust to priority changes.
* Commitment to quality and the motivation and ability to work well in a team environment.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.