WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino's, the world's largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Technical Support Engineer
Who we are:
Talend is a next generation leader in cloud and big data integration solutions that helps companies become data driven by making data more accessible, improving its quality and quickly moving data where it's needed for real-time decision making. By simplifying big data through these steps, Talend enables companies to act with insight based on accurate, real-time information about their business, customers, and industry. Talend's innovative open-source solutions quickly and efficiently collect, prepare and combine data from a wide variety of sources allowing companies to optimize it for virtually any aspect of their business. Talend (NASDAQ: TLND) is headquartered in Redwood City, CA. For more information, please visit www.talend.com and follow us on Twitter: @Talend.
* Work directly with customers via phone, WebEx, and email to resolve technical issues and identify product defects.
* Assist with resolving general product issues and frequently asked questions; take ownership of tickets until full resolution.
* Share knowledge with other engineers and develop customer solutions efficiently
* Assist in the maintenance of the Talend knowledge base, and create new articles based on recent customer issues.
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with customers or the internal team.
* Collaborate with other parts of the Talend organization such as senior support engineers, R&D and the Support escalation team as necessary.
* Learn to use and support Talend products
* Candidate is expected to possess strong logical problem solving abilities, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
* Basic understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technology fundamentals is required.
* English fluency is required.
* Basic understanding of databases and database management systems (DBMS) is required.
* Good working knowledge of Windows or Linux operating system environments is required. Experience troubleshooting Windows, Linux, or Mac operating systems is preferred.
* Relevant experience in customer support or in a similar technical role is preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree or above in Computer Science of a related field is preferred.
* Fundamental experience with an object-oriented programming language is preferred. Java experience is a plus.
* Unix shell-scripting experience is a plus.
* Experience using Jira or Salesforce is a plus.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
* "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
* Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
* Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
* Ranked in the DBTA "100 Companies that Matter Most in Data"
* Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Talend is a provider of cloud data integration and integrity solutions for organizations.