Provide basic-level software support for Tyler clients in the use, functionality, and understanding of our products and databases for issues that are easily solved. The Associate Software Support Specialist is an entry-level position, learning how to ensure timely resolution of client software issues through data analysis and functionality troubleshooting using multiple development tools, best practice communication, team coordinated testing, and other available tools for resolving issues. The Associate Software Support Specialist is expected to continually grow and expand knowledge of the product.
The Associate Software Support Specialist is the face of Tyler Technologies when it comes to working with clients on a daily basis. As such this position has impact on client satisfaction, retention and revenue growth. The ability to provide exceptional service will shape our clients opinions of our products, services and company. The Associate Software Support Specialist is responsible for ensuring a positive overall support experience for our clients.
The Associate Software Support Specialist handles issues which are easily resolved. As the incumbent gains knowledge the complexity of issues may increase towards a more moderate level of difficulty. The Associate Software Support Specialist obtains information from sources which are readily available to handle issues.
The Associate Software Support Specialist must be able to:
* Communicate professionally, clearly, and appropriately with clients and coworkers.
* Determine the urgency of issues for each client and their placement in the prioritization of issues for their entire group of assigned clients.
* Solve problems effectively in an ever-evolving environment.
* Maintain an approachable and courteous demeanor in both verbal and written communication to ensure clients' confidence in the organization.
* Maintain composure under pressure.
* Resolve issues of basic to moderate complexity utilizing knowledge of established guidelines, company policies, and contract specifications.
* Work effectively both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
* Effectively utilize available resources.
* Accurately record all details and progress in incident tracking system(s).
* Proactively improve knowledge and develop analytical and technical skills.
* Provides inbound phone, web or email software support to resolve client inquiries and problems which are easily solved.
* Analyzes data reports, forms, and web technologies commensurate with level of training and understanding.
* Determines whether to resolve issues personally or to refer to a more experience team member.
* Responsibly communicates to all parties involved in issue resolution to meet and manage client expectations.
* Uses Tyler's client management system to create, track, and/or update details on the specifics of client issue(s).
* May assist with writing estimates for software modification specifications and documentation of support processes.
* May submit client issues to development team for resolution as needed.
* Performs Quality Assurance testing for software module upgrades/changes. Analyzes results to ensure that software performs as required.
* May create or enhance documentation throughout the support process.
* Commits to expanding technological skills and knowledge of the Tyler products.
* Demonstrates awareness of and adherence to Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook. These include, but are not limited to, Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, Business Ethics, and Anti-Harassment policies.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Effective decision making and problem solving skills involving troubleshooting basic to moderate issues.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Effective analytical ability, particularly in a technical environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic knowledge and understanding of database structures including fields, tables, views, database objects, etc.
* Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge and understanding of software development tools a plus.
* Ability to travel preferred (estimated at 0-5% annually).
About Tyler Technologies
Tyler Technologies is a company that provides integrated information management solutions and services for the public sector, with a focus on local governments.