Provide basic-level software support for Tyler clients in the use, functionality, and understanding of our products and databases for issues that are easily solved. The Associate Software Support Specialist is an entry-level position, learning how to ensure timely resolution of client software issues through data analysis and functionality troubleshooting using multiple development tools, best practice communication, team coordinated testing, and other available tools for resolving issues. The Associate Software Support Specialist is expected to continually grow and expand knowledge of the product.
* Provides inbound phone, web or email software support to resolve client inquiries and problems which are easily solved.
* Analyzes data reports, forms, and web technologies commensurate with level of training and understanding.
* Determines whether to resolve issues personally or to refer to a more experience team member.
* Reads and writes SQL to resolve basic issues.
* Responsibly communicates to all parties involved in issue resolution to meet and manage client expectations.
* Uses Tyler's client management system to create, track, and/or update details on the specifics of client issue(s).
* May assist with writing estimates for software modification specifications and documentation of support processes.
* May submit client issues to development team for resolution as needed.
* Performs Quality Assurance testing for software module upgrades/changes. Analyzes results to ensure that software performs as required.
* May create or enhance documentation throughout the support process.
* Commits to expanding technological skills and knowledge of the Tyler products.
* Demonstrates awareness of and adherence to Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook. These include, but are not limited to, Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, Business Ethics, and Anti-Harassment policies.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Effective decision making and problem solving skills involving troubleshooting basic to moderate issues.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Effective analytical ability, particularly in a technical environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic knowledge and understanding of database structures including fields, tables, views, database objects, etc.
* Exposure to relational databases or SQL desired.
* Exposure to .NET framework (involving HTML, XSL, XML, and related technologies) desired.
* Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge and understanding of software development tools a plus.
* Ability to travel preferred.
About Tyler Technologies
Tyler Technologies is a provider of end-to-end information management solutions and services for local governments.