Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Associate, Software Engineering
Req #: 190049912
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
Key responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
* Become a valued member of our Agile Team.
* Work closely with the Scrum Master and Application Development Lead to ensure team and organization standards are followed and the team is consistently focused on continuous improvements and sustained delivery.
* Participate in Release and Iteration Planning meetings with the team and other key stakeholders.
* Employ simple design and pragmatic implementation techniques to drive business value.
* Pair program with team members to build high-quality solutions.
* Adopt a quality first mindset with a high emphasis placed on unit testing and TDD.
* Mentor junior team members to progress their technical and professional skills. Be open and actively seeking learning opportunities from more senior team members.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
5+ years' experience working as an Application Developer.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or the foreign equivalent.
* Knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment.
* Java - Expert-level implementation skills with Java and J2EE.
* SCM - Strong experience working with an SCM tool like Subversion or Git.
* Maven - Strong experience working with Maven as a build tool including a firm understanding of Maven standards and common practices.
* Spring - Strong implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework including experience with Spring MVC.
* Database - Strong implementation skills with ORM frameworks like Hibernate/JPA or MyBatis. Must be proficient in SQL preferably across multiple databases.
* Web - Strong experience building modern web applications using frameworks like jQuery, jQuery UI, and Bootstrap.
* General - Comfortable in more than one programming language with a strong understanding of fundamental web/internet technologies.
* Cloud - Comfortable with cloud platform and new banking architecture technology tools.
* TDD - Must have practical experience with unit testing with preference given to those with an understanding of Mock Testing Frameworks like EasyMock or Mockito.
* Refactoring - Strong understanding of refactoring and how to apply these techniques to build and maintain high-quality solutions.
* Pair Programming - Comfortable pairing with others on both simple and complex problems.
* Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken forms).
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.