JP Morgan Chase
Associate, Software Engineer/NoSQL DBA
Req #: 190034048
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
The JPMorgan Chase & Co. Asset Management Technology business line is looking for the right talent to join a highly-skilled team of DBAs. This position is for a NoSQL Database Administrator supporting globally located NoSQL clusters. Current NoSQL platforms include MongoDB, MarkLogic, ArangoDB and PostgreSQL (Greenplum, etc).
This role leverages the full skillset requirements of a DBA from operational support, data security and performance tuning for our DevOps communities. This candidate will interface with other infrastructure peers and project management teams and must have high communication and presentation skills. This is a global team, providing 24x7 support to mission critical financial applications. On-call rotation is required.
* Responsible for implementation, tuning and ongoing administration of multi-regional NoSQL clusters.
* Manage end-to-end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning using a variety of open source and developed toolsets.
* Implement microservices/Ansible automation solutions across all aspects of the environments including installation, configuration, monitoring and utilization.
* Collaborate with PMs, Production Support, Development, Architecture, and other Infrastructure teams driving standards for effective implementations.
* Ensure the databases have security standards implemented which comply with JPMorgan's Cyber Security, Risk and Audit requirements.
* Perform all levels of production and SDLC DBA support such as but not limited to:
* Plan and coordinate patching and upgrades.
* Conduct disaster recovery and sustained resiliency tests.
* Manage database backup and recovery.
* Participate in on-call rotation as part of 24x7 Follow-the-Sun support model.
* Provide performance tuning support.
* Troubleshoot and resolve database/application issues in a timely manner.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
* Minimum 5 years DBA experience with large enterprise level clusters.
* Minimum 3 years DBA production support experience on at least two of the following DBMS platforms is an advantage: MongoDB, MarkLogic, Greenplum and Cassandra.
* Strong communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills necessary to present, explain, and advise partners as a subject matter expert.
* Significant scripting skills in sh/ksh, PowerShell, Python, Perl.
* Strong skills in project management methodologies like Agile, Kanban, and DevOps.
* Must be a self-starter possessing a sense of task/issue ownership, resourcefulness in resolving challenging issues and can drive plans to successful completions.
* Must be customer service centric mentality while not compromising on best practices and design principles. We are a DevOps integrated shop.
* Must be a team player who successfully with peers and customers of varying technical levels in complex environments.
* Must have a strong ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately on-demand in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment is a must have skillset and the ability to change direction quickly without losing tasks along the way.
An ideal candidate will:
* Meet or exceed the 'minimum' requirements
* Have production experience with ETL processes.
* Some experience in at least three (3) of the following:
* Hadoop Big Data administration (HDFS, Hbase, YARN, Impala, Hive, Spark)
* Security configuration using Sophia or Kerberos.
* Containers and container orchestration: Kubernetes.
* KAFKA and Elastic Search on Linux and Windows Operating systems.
* Caching products like GEMFIRE, HAZLECAST.
* Good understanding of various Cloud Services on AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
A strongly advantaged candidate will:
* Meet or exceed the 'ideal candidate' requirements.
* Have familiarity with best practices for infrastructure design for applications using Microservices, APIs, Big Data, and more.
* Strong experience with containers and container orchestration: Kubernetes.
* Public/Private Cloud Experience (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
* Familiarity with config management tools such as puppet and Ansible.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.