Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Associate - Software Engineer
Req #: 190034132
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
The GWM Trading Middleware team is currently seeking a lead developer to join and drive a team responsible for the design and delivery of a strategic middleware architecture. The project focuses on design/build of Synapse, a core middleware framework aimed for high throughput, low latency, event based processing and native cloud highly scalable functional modules. Synapse will cover the majority of the GWM trading workflows as well as non-trading workflows.
* The successful candidate will be from a server side development background, have a proven track record in designing and delivering distributed, event driven services and be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of architecture principles and software development best practices.
* Experience providing technical leadership to a team of developers.
* Expertise working in an Agile project environment, with the ability to work with the Product Owner and SCRUM Team on all aspects of the project; from development of the product vision and business case, through to delivery of product increments.
* An understanding of code quality, code security and application quality KPIs; in order to provide project metrics and data to enable development teams to make intelligent decisions throughout the delivery lifecycle.
* The ability to facilitate development and architecture discussion, through a detailed understanding of current application development tools and techniques.
* A strong focus on engineering excellence and compliance with all corporate, regulatory, IT risk and architecture policies.
* Results orientated: Drives results through people, communication, influence and interaction.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Extensive knowledge of Java development including areas such as Spring, Hibernate, JMS
* Demonstrable knowledge of object-oriented design, utilizing SOLID principles.
* Experience of building a new system or module from scratch.
* Knowledge of web service technologies
* Message brokers experience such as IBM MQ, Qpid, ActiveMQ, Kafka, etc
* Knowledge of application security areas: authorization, authentication, encryption
* Multi-threaded application development experience.
* Automated testing techniques - especially BDD.
* Experience working with Sonar, SSAP, JIRA, Greenhopper, GIT
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong team working skills and the ability to work on multiple parallel work items with other developers, analysts etc.
* Knowledge of Project & Program Reporting principles.
* Degree or equivalent experience.
The highly successful candidate would have these preferred skills in addition to the core qualifications:
* NoSQL database technologies such as Cassandra or MongoDB
* Experience in development of High Availability system architectures
* Cloud and/or similar distributed processing (ie. Micro-services)
* Ability to implement change and development process improvements, including required culture changes
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.