Associate, Software Engineer
Req #: 190040553
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
You will participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps. You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications. Additionally, you will document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules. You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in ETL software Ab Initio
* Strong experience in SQL including stored procedures, queries etc.
* Strong experience using Oracle/ Teradata/ Cassandra database
* Hands on experience with UNIX including LINUX/AIX, shell scripting
* Must have solid experience with scheduling tools such as CTL-M or AutoSys and familiarity with tools that commonly used in IT industry.
* Must have a deep understanding of commonly used data management architectures, patterns and query optimization techniques.
* Experience with Hadoop ecosystem technology stacks such as HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig, Spark, Scala, or Cloudera is desirable
* Proficient in one of programming languages (Java, PERL, Python)
* Knowledge of JAVA/J2EE would be beneficial.
* Minimum of 3 years of Development experience using Core Java.
* Experience using Agile tools and technologies (Scrum, JIRA, Confluence)
* Experience with DevOps tools (Jenkins, Bit Bucket)
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.