We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
This position is responsible for training temporary and contract employees according to provided procedures, as well as supporting product upgrades, rework, firmware updates, etc. to ensure new Sony products are working properly and are saleable. This role will troubleshoot and evaluate defective products to find the root cause, and provide reports for QA service, factories and Japan QA department. This role works also with Sony PSA division and Medical team regarding new procedures, software update, version upgrade, as well as working with the visiting factory and design Engineers to support product rework being performed in QA Dept.
Hardware Development Engineer:
* Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or DSP systems.
Verification for testing system/functionality/product:
* Works methodically and efficiently to trace errors and finding bugs. Performs SW verification and provide SW quality status, driving quality improvement.
* Electronics Engineering or electronics and computer certificate with at least 5 years of electronics experience
* Expertise in computer programming, Excel, power point, word, etc
* Video and Audio knowledge, and familiarity with Sony product is a plus
* Be able to lift 60lbs
* Be able to stand up and manage rework line all day
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.