The Associate Project Manager ("Associate PM") collaborates with a team of project managers, operational teams, and clients to implement and manage a variety of litigation support tasks to completion to meet client requirements and project deadlines. This position works as a member of a project management team ("pod") to write up work orders that translate client requests into actionable instructions for internal operational teams and to monitor work progress through various operational departments to meet litigation project needs. This role works at the direction of Directors, Associate Directors, Senior Project Managers, and Project Managers to fill in work orders, track progress on jobs across teams, and communicate the status of those jobs internally and externally.
Associate PMs are expected to maintain a high level of client satisfaction, to ensure client facing error rates are kept below industry and Lighthouse standards, and to ensure delivery deadlines are consistently met. Success relies heavily on the ability to translate client requests into technical instructions for operational teams and puts a premium on problem solving and analytical skills, as well as an ability to effectively collaborate across teams. This individual must be able to communicate, set, and maintain clear expectations both within Lighthouse and with clients.
What You'll Do:
* Gain an understanding of eDiscovery and the tools used to support the industry
* Develop a thorough understanding of Lighthouse workflows, critical paths needed to progress work through the system and tools used by Lighthouse to manage workflows
* Assist in project management tasks and take ownership on workflows designated as Associate PM tasks
* Communicate proper expectations for scope and deadlines to internal and external stakeholders
* Learn to analyze project requirements to effectively create and maintain project schedules by developing an understanding of project activities, sequences of events, dependencies, work effort, duration of tasks across departments, and associated resource requirements based upon the size of the queue
* Provide support to project management team on project start-ups including kick-off call preparation and documentation of standards, as well as with project closure tasks such as final billing and data destruction
* Provides support for all aspects of workflow coordination, including creation of work orders for tasks associated with data processing, hosting, and production; completing work order reviews to ensure accuracy and completeness of instructions; and conducting final check reviews before work product is released to clients
* Under the supervision of more senior project managers, draft and manage internal and external project communications to effectively provide project information and deliverables
What You'll Need:
* Bachelor's degree (Masters or JD a plus)
* 1+ year eDiscovery experience
* Good analytical and logical skills
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
* Proactive approach to problem-solving and the ability to anticipate client needs
* Flexibility and adaptability to handle a changing and growing workload• Understanding of project management skills
* Ability to foster positive and professional relationships at all levels internally and externally
About Lighthouse eDiscovery
Lighthouse eDiscovery provides technology-enabled e-discovery services for companies and law firms.