HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to healthcare-now and in the future. Using innovative technology and powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance. We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health. Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a difference in the lives of others.
We are seeking a talented individual for a Associate Project Manager who leads and plans a variety of small scale projects, cross-functional initiatives and operational activities. Responsible for all aspects of the project such as planning, coordination, development, assessing financial implications, and implementation while prioritizing work, resources and time. Small scale projects are typically of less complexity, lower risk and completed over a short duration. May also provide assistance with project management activities for mid to large scale/business critical projects under supervision of senior project management staff.
* Leads and plans small scale business/IT-based projects.
* Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
* Develops project plans, defines project tasks and resource requirements; assembles and builds out implementation team and coordinates client implementations from both a business and data/IT perspective.
* Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
* Works with team leads with each operational area to set strategy, create reporting and monitoring templates and deploy project into all areas of the organization.
* Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
* Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
* Delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
* Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
* Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
* Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools; tracks project milestones and deliverables.
* Helps to manage P&Ls for every project within group, mitigate losses and create strategies to help ensure project profitability.
* Proactively manages changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
* Defines project success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
* Provides direction and support to project team members.
* Builds, develops, and grows any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
* Presents reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
* Performs other functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of various Project Management best practices, tools and methodologies
* Proficiency with MS Project and MS Office
* Proficiency with project management software
* Strong organization, presentation and leadership skills
* Ability to develop, motivate and coach a project team.
* Ability to effectively manage projects across multiple functional areas.
* Ability to drive project issues to resolution.
* Working knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
* Ability to communicate and exchange information
* Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
* Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
* Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
* May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
* May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs; at times on short notice
* Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) preferred
* Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred,
* OR Working towards attaining PMP certification
* High School Diploma OR GED required; Associates Degree required
* Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
Minimum Related Work Experience:
* Associate's Degree with 2 years managing projects or being key member of project team
* Bachelor's Degree with 1 years of Project Management experience
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.