Verizon Media Group
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
As a designer, you experience the world with a discerning eye. You find poetry in a pantone colors, seek beauty in an icon, revel in a screen transition and delight in creating focused user flows. A product's design is greater than the sum of its parts, and at Oath, so is your job.
Oath is the place where your creative stamp will be seen, felt and used by over a BILLION active users. Under the Oath umbrella are brands such as Yahoo, AOL, Tumblr, TechCrunch and HuffPost. As a Design Associate, the products you design will shape the tech and media industries across the globe.
● Life Learners
YOUR MISSION :
Build the future, cultivate wonder, and kick ass in a diverse culture with a strong sense of play that thrives on iteration, encourages risk, and rewards the bold. As a Design Associate, you get two years, two different placements and a charter to work alongside exceptional designers on key strategic projects, creating compelling and beautiful user experiences. Halfway through, we'll take a trip around the world to visit our global offices, explore local design scenes, and learn new user perspectives. And if you're still not convinced, during the program you'll work with leaders, mentors and executive coaches, and join a community of equally brilliant design, product and engineering associates peers. At the end of two years you'll be leading design for some of the biggest products in the company.
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
* Create design solutions that define the user interface and user experience of our products
* Play a critical design role at the very front end of product development (it might even mean opening a text editor from time to time)
* Work with multidisciplinary teams on design concept ideation and development.
* Employ a user-centered design process to create beautiful design solutions
* Lead user testing, working alongside our research team, at all stages of the
product life cycle
* Iterate your product using real user data from hundreds of thousands of people
* Collaborate with other designers and product managers to present ideas to
* Refine and strengthen our brands (we've got over 50 for you to work with)
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Visual Communication, or a related field
* Must be currently enrolled in university with a graduation date in 2018, or received your degree in 2018 or 2019
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
* Deep understanding and application of user-centered design principles, especially in UI and UX
* Personal portfolio of exceptional quality
* Rich academic experience as reflected by quality of academic portfolio
* Demonstrated ability to execute - with a balance of innovative thinking and
attention to detail, e.g., building prototypes, recognition and awards
* Entrepreneurial skills - evidenced by the conceptualization and creation of
products such as personal websites, social media presence, etc.
* Multidisciplinary skills - demonstrated ability to work across teams by using
strong project planning, communication, and strategic thinking skills
* Agility and resourcefulness - demonstrated capacity to thrive in a fast-changing
environment by being scrappy, intelligent, and tenacious
* Front-end coding skills are a major plus - using basic tools CSS, HTML5, Xcode,
Command Line, Git
WHAT WE'LL GIVE YOU:
* A positive, supportive and nurturing work environment
* An awesome team of folks who want to see you grow and succeed
* Healthy food and yummy snacks
* Executive coaching and training
* A trip around the globe
* Mentorship with some of the best designers in the world
* Positions located in New York and Sunnyvale, CA*
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.