Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only high-quality annotated training data can produce the most accurate machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high-quality in a scalable way is very challenging and very few companies can do it. Even less can do it well, which is why businesses across all industries trust Figure Eight.
In March 2019, Figure Eight was acquired by Appen. Together, Appen and Figure Eight combine the best of human and machine intelligence to provide high-quality annotated training data that powers the world's most innovative machine learning (ML) and business solutions. The Figure Eight platform enables ML and data-driven business solutions to scale across a diverse set of industries including retail, automotive, finance, manufacturing, agriculture, life sciences, robotics, and more. The Figure Eight platform transforms audio, video, text, and images into high-quality annotated data to support a variety of use cases ranging from computer vision and search relevance to data categorization and natural language processing (NLP). Learn more at www.figure-eight.com.
This role is a full-time position providing platform administration support to our customers. The role is based in the Washington, DC area and will report to the Professional Services Engagement Manager. You will work closely with Figure Eight internal resources from Professional Services, Engineering, Dev-Ops, Machine Learning, and Product as well as with our integration partners. Day-to-day responsibilities involve consulting on use cases and delivering value through Figure Eight's technology, as well as ensuring data quality for our customers.
You are will be a great fit if you are...
* Passionate about technology and interested in emerging technologies
* Driven to learn and keep learning, especially through self-teaching
* Organized, detail-oriented and results-focused
* Gritty, willing to get into the weeds to solve a problem
* Capable of providing and receiving feedback in an honest, respectful way
What you'll be doing...
* Support and/or facilitate data enrichment jobs for enterprise clients including implementation, execution, and ongoing maintenance
* Define scope and pilot new uses for existing customers
* Build custom user interfaces on behalf of customers and consult them on how to implement
* Work closely with the Engagement Manager to drive adoption on the Figure Eight platform
* Act as a technical escalation point for the Professional Services team and Customer Support
* Perform regular results audits, track job performance metrics, and provide regular reports to customers
* Contribute to on-boarding new customers by offering customized feedback/consultation on their specific use cases (over the phone and onsite)
* Provide feedback on systems/tools/process in order to increase automation and improve the efficiency of execution
* Develop and continually optimize workflows, job calibration, and quality controls to improve the user experience for contributors while meeting customer expectations for results, quality, and turnaround time
* Provide customer support through email, chat, phone, and in-person interactions
What you'll need to be considered...
* Must have an active security clearance at the Secret level or above (DoD is preferred)
* Able to commute to onsite locations in the greater Washington DC area (Northern Virginia and Maryland included) to support installations and platform administration
* 1-3 years in a customer-facing role (e.g. Project Management, Account Management, Customer Support, etc)
* Understanding of the working environments and processes involved in SCIFs and other secure areas
* General working knowledge of the DOD and IC communities, in both structure and culture
* Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects, objectives, and deadlines
* Excellent Analytical thinking - ability to take a problem, break it down and use qualitative and quantitative means to solve it
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university