Associate Product Engineer
The Product Release Associate Engineer plays an integral role in implementing and executing build management and product release processes. The role is responsible for managing the source code management system, automating the build process and regression testing, building tools, and monitoring used in product implementations. The Product Release Engineering team establishes procedures and develops tools that are used to deliver software using a repeatable and scalable process and is responsible for complex design, development, unit testing, documentation, ongoing support of IT Products. This role involves significant collaboration with stakeholders, driving technical architecture and implementation.
* Help design, code, debug and document of CI/CD process using industry standards adjusted for the custom requirements.
* Come up with innovations in terms of tools/practices/processes that allow for the fine tuning of the delivery process
* Familiar with Atlassian suite: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Hipchat
* Use Configuration Management and deployment tools like Puppet, Chef and Salt
* Assist Software Engineers with setting up jobs using Maven, Gradle and Jenkins
* Perform code reviews to insure high quality and consistent coding practices
* Partners with data center operations and infrastructure teams to ensure seamless deployments, proper documentation and support for applications
* Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies and all audit, security and regulatory requirements
* Work with internal and external DEV/OPS teams to ensure that the defined standards are met and used throughout all departments
* Be part of the on call team to help resolve issues with the customer facing and support applications
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
* One (1) year experience working with infrastructure and/or Development teams to build enterprise-scale application integration solutions.
* Experience with Bash and Jinja
* Experience with Salt Stack, Puppet, Jenkins, Git VCS, Vagrant, Centos/RHEL, Artifactory (or similar)
* Familiarity with Continuous Integration process
* Familiarity with Continuous Delivery process
* Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 35%)
* Currently in possession of a valid Passport or equivalent travel documents with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
* Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
* Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Promote JetBlue's #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue's Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
* Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue's confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
* Computer and other office equipment
* Normal Office Environment
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Seden
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement Back to top