We are looking for an intelligent, passionate, and technically-savvy person to join our Product team as an Associate Product Manager. This person will play a crucial role in our company by guiding the efforts of our technology teams to improve our UI applications.
The Product team is a business and technology organization responsible for driving the vision and direction of the company's products and features. We meet with upper management to shape the roadmap of planned future changes to our products, create clearly-defined requirements documents that describe what those changes are, and work closely with our technology teams to ensure those changes are implemented correctly. The Product team interfaces with every department within the company, as well as with our customers.
The Product team is responsible for ensuring that the company's products are as competitive and profitable as possible. The Associate Product Manager - UI plays a crucial role by guiding the efforts of our technology teams to improve our UI applications.
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Stamps Company Overview:
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to nearly 750 thousand customers, including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShippingEasy®, ShipWorks®, and MetaPack®. Stamps.com's family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 475 unique partner applications.
* Identify key opportunities for improvement in our UI applications, and determine the order in which we should implement them. * Ensure that the technology team successfully implements these improvements. * Coordinate with all other departments to ensure that changes to our applications are understood and being marketed correctly.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks):
* Create detailed specification documents that describe improvements to our UI applications, including prototypes and detailed mock-ups. * Gather feedback from other departments to ensure that these specifications best meet the needs of the company. * Host 'kick-off' meetings to introduce these specifications to the technology teams that will be implementing them. * Routinely answer questions that arise during the course of development and testing. * Coordinate with the Product Marketing Manager and Marketing department to develop customer-facing educational content and messaging in support of new features. * Conduct internal training to inform all departments within the company of important new features. * Collect and review customer feedback and feature usage metrics to measure the success of recently-launched features, and determine what future improvements we should be making. * Meet monthly or quarterly with senior management and other product stakeholders to determine the rankings of potential major feature improvements to our UI applications. * Routinely 'groom' the backlog of both major and minor improvements to our UI applications to ensure that all future improvements are correctly ranked.
Additional Job Duties:
* Sit for prolonged periods of time. * Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time. * Walk short distances. * Stand for short periods.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree preferred. * Minimum of One (1) year of experience in a technical setting - candidates from a top university with a degree in Math, Engineering, or Business will also be considered.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. * Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to changes and new ideas. * Keen eye for UI/UX design. * Passionate about building better products. * Prior experience in writing functional/product specifications is a plus.
* Must possess basic computer skills and be capable of quickly learning to use new software applications. * Typing at least 35 WPM. * Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: JIRA, Confluence, Splunk, basic raster image editing software. * Software development experience is not required, but is a plus.
* May be required to travel by plane to visit our subsidiaries or potential new partners, or to attend industry tradeshows. * The average Product Manager on the team travels approximately once or twice per year.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.