The Product Management team is responsible for setting and driving the company strategy for all platforms, applications, and features. The team provides cross-functional leadership that bridges gaps within the various groups in the company such as engineering, sales and marketing, and support. We shape the roadmap our products, create clearly-defined requirements documents, and work closely with our technology teams to continually advance the Company's product portfolio to be best in class.
The Associate Product Manager - API is critical to the success of Stamps.com's product offerings and will directly contribute to drive the design and deployment of new features for our API Platforms. The role will act as intermediary between internal and external stakeholders (senior management, partners, and customers) to drive the design and to deploy new features, improvements. The APM-API will work closely with developers, QA engineers, product managers, and internal stakeholders to develop creative solutions to address our partners' and customers' needs.
The APM will develop a deep understanding of each feature and how it affects key metrics (such as revenue) as well as customers' and partners' workflows. The APM must have the ability to articulate and justify their implementation against competing features and priorities across each of the stakeholder groups. This position offers the opportunity to work on market-leading products at an established, yet rapidly growing tech company.
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Stamps Company Overview:
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping softwaresolutions to nearly 750 thousand customers, including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShippingEasy® and ShipWorks®. Stamps.com's family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 475 unique partner applications.
Identify and gather requirements. Design and document features and functionality. Collaborate with technical development, QA and project management teams to implement new features. Support internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Position Duties:
Identify and gather requirements.
* Create product designs by gathering requirements from external and internal stakeholders including product managers, operation teams, marketing, business development, finance, customers and software related resources. * Manage numerous projects from inception through launch.
Design and document features and functionality.
* Manage the product development life cycle to support product releases on a regular basis. * Clearly articulate feature requirements through the development of user stories, specifications, and process mapping.
Collaborate with technical development, QA and project management teams to implement new features.
* Work with a highly technical development team, project managers, and QA engineers throughout product development, testing, and implementation phases to ensure feature integrity.
Support internal and external stakeholders.
* Develop and maintain strong and productive relationships with all technical and business stakeholders in order to ensure timely and effective delivery of features. * Monitor ongoing performance of features and act as point of contact for questions, concerns, or suggestions. * Contribute to the overall product vision and roadmap.
Additional Positon Duties:
* Sit for prolonged periods of time * Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time * Walk short distances * Stand for short periods * Speaking and conversing with others * Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent years or experience. * Two or more (2+) years of relevant work experience. * At least One (1) year of direct experience conducting process analysis, requirements definition and use-case analysis. * Experience with working on API's and system integrations preferred. * Experience with working in data analytics (Microstrategy, Tableau, etc) preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Ability to understand business processes in order to define system configurations to support those processes. * Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to changes and new ideas. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with different types of audiences * Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, deadlines and handle concurrent projects * Experience in preparing requirement specifications, reading and understanding software technical documents, working with data models, relational database design, and data flow
* Markdown, HTML, CSS, and at least one scripting language * Microsoft Office Applications
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.