United States of America
HMA03: ISR Systems - Westford HO 7 Technology Park Drive, Westford, MA, 01886 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
* Support design of optical systems for high altitude remote sensing applications.
* Support optical analysis of optical systems including MTF, Encircled Energy, and Transmitted WFE over varying environments and polarization.
* Develop and execute alignment procedures for complex optical systems given the optical prescription and system requirements.
* Support sensitivity analysis to quantify WFE as a function of component mis-alignment for optical testing.
* Define wavefront error budgets for component and system-level performance.
* Perform data analysis/processing using industry standard software (Zemax, Code V, 4Sight, MetroPro, MATLAB etc.)
* Work in an interdisciplinary team of optical, mechanical and systems engineers in the implantation and execution of the system alignment and performance verification of high quality optical systems.
* B.S. in Optical Engineering, Physics Required
* M.S in Optical Engineering, Physics, Preferred
* Astronomy or related also Preferred
* 1+ years of experience with Zemax or Code V Optical Design Software
* Experience with MATLAB or Python
* Experience in optical metrology
* Willingness and ability to work on a team and with minimal supervision
* Good technical documentation skills
* Excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
* Experience with FRED Optical Engineering Software or Zemax Optic Studio Non-Sequential Software
* Experience with MetroPro and 4Sight Optical Metrology Software
* Experience in optical alignment using interferometry, alignment telescopes, and theodolites
* Experience with LIDAR systems or other Laser applications
Candidate Must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain a security clearance
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.