At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007-as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we've grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and-above all-have fun doing it.
Fitbit's HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you've found your fit?
FItbit IT - End User Computing is looking for a dynamic individual capable of thriving in a fast paced and high pressure environment as an Associate IT Support Technician. This individual must be an IT professional capable of providing IT services and support for Fitbit end users and offices across a number of locations, both domestic and International.
What You'll Work On:
* Provides IT support to the Fitbit end-user community, this includes all desktop computing hardware and software and peripherals.
* Perform timely and accurate repetitive IT tasks related to delivery and collection of IT hardware.
* Will be required to lead problem resolution activities in order to get technology incidents and problems resolved.
* Will be expected to take ownership for assigned incidents and tasks, and contact required resources both inside and outside the company necessary to resolve the problem, with minimum supervision.
* Responds to request for service with experience and compliance in established time limits.
* Develops/maintains support and process documents for use by all levels of support personnel as well as end-user documentation.
* Identifies and solves any problems that affect desktop computer operating systems and troubleshoots routine problems and maintenance of systems.
* Trains employees and orients them on how to use computer hardware and software applications.
* Maintains other relevant computer peripheral devices such as monitors, printers, video or teleconference solutions.
* Supports drive imaging for desktop/laptop systems.
* Participates in weekly meetings with End User Computing staff to get updates and discuss IT service or support related matters.
* Some shift work may be required and weekend work is needed for projects.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimum 1 years of experience in 1st level Corporate IT support, gained in a multi-site IT operations environment.
* Proven experience of configuring workstations/laptops and associated software.
* Excellent problem solving skills, ability to take ownership of the work assigned, and deliver results timely, reliably and correctly.
* Experience with conference room technology including, video conferencing, audio conferencing, and mic/speaker setups or troubleshooting.
* Experience working on small projects and delivering against timelines.
* Excellent organizational, communication, and technical skills with a strong customer service orientation.
* Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude.
* Excellent written and verbal communications.
* Must have working knowledge across all the IT disciplines including access, hardware, software, telephony, video teleconferencing, and connectivity.
* Proven time management skills.
* Ability to establish strong relationships with individuals at their peer and supervisory levels.
* Must be dynamic, innovative and capable of garnering the respect and high level trust required by IT teams for this position to be successful.
* Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams or end users.
* Ability to work independently while collaborating with remote teams in a fast paced environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT Technology or another appropriately related field.
* Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
* A+ Certification
* Lenovo Certification
* Current Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
* Experience with ITSM Tools
* Experience working with Active Directory, domain services and back office/infrastructure application installation and support
* Knowledge of server and network communications equipment, protocols (i.e. DNS and TCPIP), transmission media, security and network management practices
* Knowledge in storage and backup technologies.
* Experience with supporting Windows Operating systems and associated software or cloud applications
* Experience with Lenovo parts ordering and hardware repairs
* Experience supporting MAC OS and MAC hardware (Mac Book Air, Mac Book Pro)
* Experience with remote desktop support tools
* On-call availability 24X7
* Regular evening and weekend work
* Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Fitbit is a developer of wearable and connected health and wellness computing devices.