Join a group of mission-driven professionals on our Data Logging & Analytics team and help support the resiliency and security of Federal Reserve and Treasury business applications. We develop and operate solutions that help our internal business, IT, and IS customers to collect, protect, and inspect machine data generated by applications and their underlying infrastructure (both on-premise and in the Cloud). The three 'V's of Big Data (Volume, Velocity, and Variety) are part of our daily work.
This Associate IS Data Engineer role on our operations team involves managing our machine data collection & analysis platforms, onboarding data and providing secure user access, and providing general customer service and analytics support to drive successful business outcomes.
Training is provided and the team has a supportive, knowledge-sharing culture.
* Monitoring and performing basic troubleshooting of AIX/Linux-based middleware environments
* Gathering technical requirements from stakeholders
* Onboarding data sources and provisioning user access
* Creating and responding to Service Management requests (e.g. Incidents, Changes, etc.)
* Providing rotational on-call coverage
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related field or equivalent work experience
* 1- 3 years of related work experience
* Fundamental knowledge of enterprise Information Technology concepts, including:
* Software, including operating systems, middleware, and applications
* Network (TCP/IP, subnets) and storage (RAID configurations, NFS, etc.)
* IT machine and application log files
* Linux operating system command line experience
* Ability to learn new technologies and processes
* Ability to communicate positively and timely with customers on a daily basis
* Willingness to perform scheduled evening and weekend change work, as needed
Nice to haves:
* Experience with service management and ticketing systems
* Experience creating technical documentation
* Basic understanding of Information Security, including incident response and control compliance
* Basic understanding of data governance concepts
* Basic understanding of containerized environments
* Exposure to Cloud computing concepts/technologies
* Exposure to Splunk Enterprise and/or similar log collection and analysis tools
Other Requirements and Physical Requirements
* This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
* As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank's ethics rules which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary
* This document indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. An employee's responsibilities, tasks, and duties might differ from those outlined in the job description, and other duties, as assigned, are a part of the job. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reserves the right to modify the elements of this job description, as business needs require.