What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Associate Engineer, AMD Global Partner Support Organization
AMD is looking for a highly talented associate engineer for the exciting role of supporting the global Field Applications and Solutions Architecture teams. You will be responsible for defining and implementing a server and datacenter GPU lab infrastructure including rack mount servers, benchtop systems and associated power, network and storage subsystems. You will be supporting the development and production ramp of AMD's new servers by setting up and maintaining AMD reference platforms, maintaining a hardware infrastructure of development and OEM platforms and enabling the environment for remote access for internal and external customers.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Setup and maintenance of server hardware infrastructure including reference platforms, barebones and OEM systems.
* Setup software on AMD rackmount and benchtop test systems
* Debug and troubleshooting for server-based systems
* Responsible for racking and cabling new server systems
* Complete baseline functional and performance testing of new systems
* Build and drive lab relationship with different functional groups in a collaborative model.
* Create documentation and how-to documents describing how to leverage lab infrastructure.
* Provide lab training as needed.
* Lab experience involving the setup and maintenance of server systems.
* Knowledge of various versions of Windows and Linux Operating systems.
* Strong technical skills with extensive hands-on background in platform assembly and debug
* Knowledge and experience in functional validation of server platforms.
* Experience racking and successfully routing cables for power and networking.
* Specialized knowledge of end user software environments including Operating systems (Windows and Unix based), compilers, benchmarks, and targeted applications.
* Specialized knowledge of the modern datacenter BMC implementation and use.
* Familiarity with server benchmarks like STREAM, DGEMM and HPL
* Good familiarity with server OS of Windows and Linux (RedHat, Suse etc)
* Good familiarity with x86 server processors, silicon architecture, design and debugging.
* Experience working in a multi-site, multi-cultural environment and ability to travel as needed.
* Team player with passion and zeal to do whatever it takes for business success with a keen sense of urgency and strong drive.
* Excellent communication (external, internal, verbal, presentation, written) and organizational skills with an entrepreneurial spirit to drive results.
Requisition Number: 74402
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Field Application Engineering/ Field Support (S&M)
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.