About this role
As one of the largest asset managers, Blackrock needs to be careful around how it enters and exits investments so as not to move the market or erode its alpha. Blackrock's answer to this problem is its unique Electronic Trading team and its implementation of electronic trading strategies.
We use a highly customized version of a third party vendor product called FlexTrader to implement trading signals and strategies for the Equity and Fixed Income/FX trading teams. This is a high profile group where we are in a position to directly impact the performance of our funds by providing tools for traders to make intelligent decisions on trade timing and strategies. Working market hours and sitting on the trading floor, Electronic Trading team members are very close to the excitement of the markets.
We are seeking a new member to join the Electronic Trading team to not only help us support and enhance our electronic trading application, but also to continue to develop innovative tools for our traders. We are looking to expand across additional asset classes as well as expanding the depth of our analytics. The job requires a strong technical background as well as a basic understanding of financial markets. The role reports to the Vice President of the team.
* Support and develop our real time electronic trading application for equities, futures, and FX
* Work with global teams to design, develop, and integrate trading analytics, and real-time trading tools into the electronic trading platform
* Collaborate with team members across regions on projects that can be used globally
* Provide creative ideas to help traders gain an edge in trading
* Help to design and implement real-time trading tools
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, engineering or related field or equivalent experience
* Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems & information retrieval
* Proficiency with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages: Java/C++/C/Python/Scala
* Strong knowledge in Linux/Unix, Perl, Shell Scripting and databases
* Experience building stream based analytics using as Spark or Kafka Streaming a plus
* Knowledge of FIX protocol desirable
* Experience working with "big data" environments a plus
* Able to quickly understand and use existing BlackRock technology & development frameworks
* Basic understanding of financial markets for FX, Equities, Futures
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is an investment management company.