Thales Defense & Security, Inc. is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, naval/maritime, and public safety and security domains. In addition to mission-critical communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; air traffic management navigation, surveillance, and simulation; and data protection solutions. Furthermore, the company serves as a gateway for technology, leveraging Thales-wide solutions-such as combat management systems; naval, airborne, and ground ISR; and electronic warfare-to address U.S. requirements.
We currently have an opening in our Clarksburg, MD office for an Associate Engineering Project Manager. This position is responsible for performing day-to-day coordination of Engineering Teams as they deliver hardware, electrical, and software solutions from requirements development through manufacturing in an AS 9100 and CMMI Level 3 organization. This position reports to the Engineering Hardware & Support Director.
* Works with Program and Engineering Management in a cross-functional team environment, on schedule, resource loading and prioritizing assignments as necessary to keep development projects on track.
* Responsible for the success of the development project under management.
* Review, analyze, and interpret the technical and administrative requirements contained in requests for proposal (RFP), requests for quotation (RFQ), requests for information (RFI), information for bid (IFB), etc., to generate material used in preparation of formal responses.
* Prepare project cost estimates; provide engineering input to program financial performance.
* Support the development of Statement of Work and Work Packages for subcontracts.
* Coordinate Thales internal technical planning, scheduling and staffing for hardware, mechanical, software, test and system documentation for assigned programs.
* Work with customers, Thales technical teams, Thales Program Management and subcontractors to negotiate achievable schedules and costs.
* Review, analyze, and comment on System Engineering documents, Engineering design, Engineering test procedures, reports, etc., as required.
* Manage technical risks to the project and proactively manage and mitigate these risks.
* Monitor, control and report status of assigned project.
* Support Thales engineering management in their efforts to provide technical leadership and mentoring to the project teams and continual improvement to processes and tools.
* Must be able to uphold, support and educate employees on the Thales Code of Ethics.
* By example sets the standards that embody the TDSI Core Value & Thales Leadership Model.
* Maintain a high ethical standard of practice, including compliance with all company procedures.
* Candidate MUST be U.S. citizen
* Ability to obtain and maintain US Secret Security Clearance.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field. MBA is a plus.
* 4+ years' experience with design and manufacturing of wireless communications products.
* Competence in developing electronic products and has the skills to develop expertise and technical leadership in the management of multi-disciplined engineering resources.
* Experience in planning and managing technical projects that include engineering development teams, bid teams and other relevant personnel is a plus.
* Excellent organizational skills and work ethic.
* Effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
* Ability to work in a team environment and interact with employees in all departments and functions.
* Computer proficiency required and familiarity with Microsoft Project or equivalent is a plus.
* Familiar with Atlassian tools is a plus.
* Up to 20% travel required.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Thales is an E-Verify employer.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 240-864-7549.