At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Navigation team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Embedded Software Engineer based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking Level 1 Software Engineers to join our diverse and talented Software Engineering team in the design, implementation, and integration of real-time embedded software for our Navigation and Avionics systems. The development will be performed at our Woodland Hills, CA site.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* BS in Computer Science or related discipline and some hands on Development exp.
* Experience in translating software requirements into software design, producing software code from designs, and testing and debugging software code.
* Demonstrated ability to work in an open collaborative environment as a member of a software development team.
* Demonstrated use of high level programming languages such as C/C , Java, and Ada95.
* Experience with software configuration management and workflow automation tools such as IBM Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest.
* Experience with the Green Hills Integrity operating system.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience developing embedded real-time safety-critical software using processes that employ DO-178C guidance and criteria.
* Experience in the use of Model Based Engineering (MBE) tools such as SCADE or Matlab/Simulink to develop and test real-time safety-critical model based applications.
* Demonstrated ability to interact with other development organizations such as Systems Engineering and Integration and Test.
* Experience with the embedded operating systems such as the Green Hills Software Integrity OS or the Wind River VxWorks OS.
* Experience with Object-Oriented development and UML based design development tools such as IBM Rhapsody.
* Experience with software test tools such as LDRA or Vectorcast.
* Familiarity with languages such as Python and the automation of requirements based testing
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.