Associate Director Technology
AT&T provides world class digital content delivery and is continuing to expand its role as the largest digital video service provider in the world - diving into engineering challenges with OTT content delivery, mobile streaming, video on demand, interactive services, recommendations, cloud DVR and dynamic ad insertion. Our teams are challenged to produce innovative solutions more quickly. We are seeking talented, energetic engineers to develop and architect the future of cloud infrastructure that scales seamlessly to meet the growth of services and exceed customer performance expectations. Our vibrant, fast paced environment is the perfect place for an enthusiastic engineer to thrive in.
We are looking for an agile technologist with a strong operational background to lead the Entertainment Operations Open Video First Touch Resolution team. This is an opportunity to work with AT&T's world class engineers to support the operational efficiency of AT&T's entertainment products. Our customers are our top priority and you'll be at the forefront of making sure that we deliver on that promise.
What You Will Do @ AT&T Entertainment Operations:
* Lead and manage a team of engineers that is responsible for providing front line operational support and first touch resolution to ensure OTT platforms are delivering the highest quality and reliability to our customers
* Collaborate with development, architecture, operations, and ATO teams on strategic initiatives and technology roadmaps involving the Open Video platform
* Lead troubleshooting efforts regarding platform outages, KPI deviations, and other customer impacting issues in partnership with operations teams, customer care, vendors, and Agile Release Train (ART) teams
* Identify areas of improvement (including augmentation of monitoring and automation capabilities) to streamline operational processes and improve operational metrics
* Coach, counsel, mentor, and provide developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities
* Work across development, architecture, and operations teams to drive devops mindset for the OTT platform
* BS Degree in Computer Science (CS) or related discipline
* 3-5 yrs yrs experience in leading DevOps teams
* 3-5 yrs experience in software development or scripting
* In-depth understanding of broadcast/broadband/OTT video workflows, cloud design and technologies
* Experience with OSS tools like ServiceNow, M&C tools like MoogSoft, and client analytics tools like New Relic and Conviva
* Excellent communication and presentation skills Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and ability to influence others
Job ID 1932838 Date posted 06/28/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.