The Associate Director - Senior Software Engineer will act as a senior technical team member for a new product from the Moody's Analytics Accelerator. This product is a cloud-based machine learning solution designed to eliminate select common manual tasks in finance. This is a key position in the engineering team responsible for architecting, implementing, and driving all aspects of the software and infrastructure of the product. This engineer will also regularly meet with customers to communicate the technical details of the product, and identify needs for future development.
The ideal candidate will:
* Work with multiple distributed teams and vendors through full development lifecycle
* Design and develop integrated solutions based on customer and team generated requirements; provide oversight to full stack team and solution all challenges across all tiers of the application
* Actively drive Agile processes to deliver new and improved features frequently
* Coordinate closely with product team members to deliver features and improvements, communicate status regularly to product leads
* Promote productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices.
* Develop operational management tools to support customers currently in the application, and ensure top performance of the application
* Mentor fellow engineers, especially lesser experienced team members; provide a reliable and positive senior presence for team members to emulate
* Shows exceptional attention to detail as well as problem-solving and communication skills
* Meet with customers and prospects on a regular basis to build a relationship as a trusted technical advisor
* Keep abreast of new technologies and processes that will improve product delivery and performance; make recommendations and plans for implementation
Required• AWS infrastructure
* Strong experience of one or more scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc)
* SOA / REST
* CI/CD using CircleCi
* Selenium/Cypress testing framework
* JUnit, testing framework
* Cloud / Distributed computing (Building cloud aware code)
Preferred• AI/ML exposure/experience
* Apigee API management (or other API management tools)
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Moody's Corporation, often referred to as Moody's, is an American business and financial services company.