United States of America
CALES: LenelS2 Framingham MA 1 Speen Street Suite 300, Framingham, MA, 01701 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. Carrier is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
As Carrier emerges as an independent, standalone company, the Carrier Technology and Engineering organization is transforming. This new multi-disciplinary organization will ensure Carrier's lead position in the market through investments in advanced research, technologies and methods that will shape the future of our products. We are looking for top talent that can lead research activities in specific disciplines, and drive results into our business units, our products, and ultimately deliver value for our valued customers.
Willis Carrier invented the first modern air-conditioning system in 1902 and changed how people live, work, and play. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and to deliver what's next for the modern world.
The candidate would lead the security systems advanced development team within the Carrier Technology Organization in support of the Fire and Security Products business.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The candidate will identify, evaluate and mature technology readiness of cost effective and robust components and solutions for security businesses within FSP. Technology areas to include access control policy management, frictionless/seamless access, intrusion sensing, sales and commissioning tools, protocol development, mesh networks, novel mechanical designs. She / he will be a key member of the core corporate technology team who will work closely with our business units, manufacturing support and quality organizations.
Lead projects that directly tie into passport program launches by de-risking technology through the TRL process.
Experience / Qualifications:
* Strong technical, communication and organization skills and the ability to drive technology advancement and execution.
* Experienced in applying design and manufacturing best practices in our components.
* Practical experience with security and access control systems.
* Experience to estimate development timelines and costs.
* Experience with developing multi-year technical roadmaps with links to business strategy. Development of IP strategies.
* Ability to work and prioritize multiple projects at the same time.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as PowerPoint, Excel.
* Familiarity with Fire and Security Products business a plus.
* MS in Electrical or Systems Engineering with a focus on Security, Access Control, Cyber Physical Systems with a minimum 7 years' experience or PhD with a minimum of 5 years' experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms