The Associate Director of Software Engineering will direct the software development activities of multiple engineering teams for j2 Global® digital Fax product offerings as well as internal business application systems.
* Work closely with Product Management, Project Management, and Quality Assurance to ensure that applications and internal systems are developed in a timely manner, on budget, with required functionality and high quality
* Coordinate with other Engineering managers to effectively deliver product updates
* Deliver on j2's product strategy and product roadmap including both external products and internal business systems.
* Manage the day to day activities of j2 development and cross functional teams
* Contribute to product architecture efforts
* Review Project Design Documents on key initiatives
* Work closely with project manager and development team leads to ensure delivery to design
* Stay current on industry and competitive trends
* Evaluate and recommend new technologies as appropriate
* Participate in the development and evangelization of the Java and/or Node.js coding standards within the organization.
* Displays solid fiscal responsibility by managing and adhering to budgets and always seeking out operating efficiencies and economies.
* Work with Quality Assurance teams ensure the efficient and stable release of new product offerings
* Demonstrates an inclusive, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic by showing a willingness to participate in daily workloads when needed to make deadlines.
Job Requirements and Experience:
* 5 to 10 years of progressive growth in Leadership and Management experience in commercial software development
* Minimum of 5 years of architecture experience
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in API software development
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in developing large commercial web-based applications
* Experience in cross platform user interface design
* Experience with high-volume, consumer-facing platform scalability
* Experience with Web Services and API design
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Good understanding of current major development technologies (Oracle, MS Sql Server, MySql, JAVA, .NET, Telecommunications, REST, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
* Proficiency in internal applications such as CRM (SalesForce.com), complex billing systems, and Business Intelligence
* Knowledge of cloud-based and SaaS-based application delivery models
* Understanding of internationalization requirements and limitations
* Proven leadership and collaboration skills
* Excellent writing and speaking skills
* Self-starter/Able to take initiative in difficult situations
* Strategic/Tactical Thinking
* Functional Knowledge
* Business and fiscal knowledge
* Technical skills at a senior level of expertise
* Extensive experience leading multinational, distributed development teams
* Demonstrated experience successfully leading teams in a dynamic, fast time to market and customer focused environment.
* Consistently exhibits a personal accountability to outcomes to all team members, peers, and stakeholders.
* Strong organizational skills, including the ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
* Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet deadlines
* Proficient in a broad variety of Agile development practices
* User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) knowledge
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About J2 Global
J2 Global is an Internet information and services company.