The Associate Director of Quality Assurance will manage all aspects of the testing effort, including plans, schedules, and tools. Candidate must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate the implementation of applications against the functional and technical specifications as well as excellent process and leadership skills to mentor QA team members in a geographically-diverse environment through careful planning and test automation.
* Establishes quality standards for product certification/release, working with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
* Defines and enforces the QA process and standards for quality assurance team members.
* Maintains QA staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, and reviewing employees.
* Works closely with engineering leaders to ensure the timely, efficient, and effective evaluation and certification of new product features for release to production.
* Establishes metrics and key performance indicators to monitor the efficiency of the quality assurance team and identify opportunities for improvement.
* Establishes product quality documentation by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
* Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, monitoring work output, and ensuring staffing and effort appropriate to complete software release objectives. Assigns tasks to team members and reviews key deliverables.
* Fosters an environment of continuous improvement in QA results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Displays solid fiscal responsibility by managing and adhering to budgets and always seeking out operating efficiencies and economies.
* Oversees the creation and maintenance of test automation frameworks, and scripts on Web, Mobile Web, iOS and Android platforms
* Implements the Enterprise Quality Assurance Automation processes, guidelines and best practices to drive QA effectiveness.
* Works with Technical Project Management to create and maintain the QA prioritized backlog and schedule.
* Demonstrates an inclusive, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic by showing a willingness to participate in daily workloads when needed to make deadlines.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in software quality assurance, end to end, functional, and regression testing, etc. At least 5 years of experience in Test Automation across different platforms (Web/Mobile).
* 4+ years of experience in leading QA Teams
* Experience in test automation in DevOps context for Web, Multi-tier, Mobile web/native, iOS, Android, Windows & legacy platform applications in Agile project environment.
* Supervisory or hands-on Test Automation experience with commercial & open source tools like Selenium, Mocha, or Protractor. Familiarity with BDD Tools like JBehave or Cucumber. Mobile Test Automation tools/solutions - Appium, Mobile Labs (preferred) or Perfecto Mobile.
* Deep understanding of DevOps and Continuous Delivery Tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins or similar
* Proficient with Jira, Confluence, and git toolset
* Knowledge of debugging, profiling, and software analysis on desktop, mobile devices & platforms
* Exposure to video application testing on mobile devices and platforms
* Ability to develop and manage all aspects of the testing effort, including plans, schedule, tools, and team members
* Understanding of software development life cycle methodologies (particularly Agile). Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum & Waterfall process environments
* Ability to review test deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established standards
* Leading initiatives where teams were comprised of onshore and offshore resources
* Excellent communication/presentation skills
* Demonstrated experience successfully leading teams in a dynamic, fast time to market and customer focused environment.
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of software testing methodology and best practices while maintaining and enforcing quality standards.
* Consistently exhibits a personal accountability to outcomes to all team members, peers, and stakeholders.
* Strong organizational skills, including the ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
* Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently and manage the team in Agile environment
About J2 Global
J2 Global is an Internet information and services company.