Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, IT Program and Project Management to join our Digital Nexus technology organization. This opportunity is open to internal candidates from all KPMG US locations and external candidates interested in being based in one of the cities listed within this posting.
* Overall management of assigned projects which includes overseeing, developing and managing operating costs, request budget allocation and reallocations, ensure project and program is within budget; oversee project schedules and ensure mitigating strategies or contingencies are appropriately applied to anticipated risks and when issues arise
* Organizational accountability for establishing, managing and motivating multi-disciplinary project teams; Guide, council and remove obstacles to ensure project managers have all the tools and guidance to successfully execute on projects
* Establish positive and collaborative relationships with IT leadership and customers and demonstrate a clear understanding of both internal and external customer's business and works collaborative to successfully delivery value
* Act as point of escalation for projects at risk to raise awareness and help resolve issues
* Lead in the evolution of improving delivery of solutions, leveraging program and project management knowledge
* Optimize existing standards and processes according to best in class capabilities and deploy across teams
* Minimum of eight years of IT project management experience, including full lifecycle project management, software development, infrastructure deployment methodologies and industry best practices
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
* Strong project management skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing multiple medium-to-large scale projects and programs from definition through implementation, involving internal personnel and consultants
* Experience in the management of large, complex IT projects and programs, managing multi-phase, multi-track, high-risk projects with up to thirty project team members concurrently
* Strong verbal/written communication, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work with strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* US Citizenship is required
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.