This position is responsible for the oversight of a team of Quality Assurance professionals focused on the delivery of production ready and defect free Digital Technology deliverables aimed at satisfying stated business requirements and enabling business growth and success. Oversight will include development, validation and execution of all or part of any requirements analysis, quality assurance, and software testing and project management efforts deemed necessary in delivering finished products.
* Ensure the successful execution of projects through all phases of the Software Development and Testing Life Cycles as defined within the QA Digital Technology space.
* Facilitate the creation of project test plans with proper scoping, estimates, and resourcing.
* Improve testing efficiency by directly participating in project planning and ensuring the automation of all possible functions for all applications in the domain.
* Ensure, through direct involvement, that any collaborating team member is adhering to the standards and best practices outlined for the organization in regards to Analysis, Quality Assurance, Test Plan Development/Execution, Bug Reporting and Release Management.
* Advanced knowledge with backend Testing techniques; good knowledge of SQL; ability to write SQL statements to retrieve and validate information from the databases.
* Excellent understanding of online and batch processes for Requisition to Receipt (R2R), Procure to Pay (P2P) and Budget cycles. Develop a clear understanding as to how the transactions flow between processes across integrated applications and platforms.
* Produce concise reports for management summarizing the performance of the department i.e. QA statistics around Resource Allocation, Projects, Test Plan, Test Cases, Bugs and Rework Ratio etc.
* Provide project-level budget forecasts, estimates and manages in accordance with the established goals and budget.
* Establish processes and controls in relation to software testing, performance testing and delivery of tested software.
* Communicate status of products, and projects with clear, concise reports and metrics to all stakeholders.
* Ensure that the team is clear on delivery expectations, that everyone has the materials and equipment to meet those expectations, and that everyone is placed in a role that fits their capabilities and they have the ability to meet and/or exceed those expectations, and they are recognized for doing so.
* Oversee the remote team from a work perspective and ensure the monitoring and accuracy of weekly work hours reporting and the follow up on any discrepancies. Also ensure the timely processing of invoices, alignment to any agreements or statements of work and full budgetary accountability.
Seasoned, experienced senior level professional; in-depth knowledge and full understanding of two or more disciplines and good knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong judgment and analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity required to perform tasks. Know and apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Resolve a wide range of issues and assignments in creative ways. Assignments are typically broad in nature. Serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May take on project lead role on small scale projects.
Work on complex issues/projects where analysis of data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Use best practices and knowledge of business issues and strategic direction to solve complex problems where precedent may not exist; recommend solutions to business challenges. Demonstrate strong judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Network with senior internal and external personnel inside and outside own area of expertise.
Receive minimal instruction on day-to-day work and minimal instruction on new projects or assignments. May act as a resource to provide formal guidance for TSMs with less experience. Assignments can be broad in nature. May manage vendor relationships.
Typically 6 to 8 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. May hold one or more industry certifications.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Excellent understanding of industry practices
* Strong proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
* Strong planning/organizational skills and techniques
* Strong decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong presentation and public speaking skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
* Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company, ability to build partnerships externally
* Good negotiating skills
* Resolve complex issues in effective ways
* Project management, consultative skills and ability to manage a budget
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Experience with agile methodologies and modern digital transformation techniques and processes.
* Well versed in Digital Technology concepts and experienced in leveraging cutting edge techniques in delivering Digital Technology solutions to the business.
* Experience with Agile methodologies, and a proven track record in leveraging the same, along with experience and exposure to DevOps.
* Proficiency in:
* Automation Testing for Digital Platforms
* Performance (stress and load) Testing
* Mobile device Testing
* Security Testing
* Functional Testing
* Adept at managing resources remotely and establishing relationship and communication protocols aimed at ensuring a continuous and productive communication stream while increasing team delivery efficiencies and throughput.
* In-depth knowledge of Software Development and Testing Life Cycles.
* Broad and wide-range understanding of industry best practices for software engineering, quality assurance, analysis, and project management.
* Ability to create test cases from business requirements and ensure complete test/code coverage.
* Able to develop an automation strategy to enable continuous and expeditious delivery of software.
* Capable of identifying test data requirements and generating required test data.
* Familiar with cross browser compatibility issues and responsive design / mobile testing.
* Ability to establish a performance measurement baseline and report on the trends.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and allocate resources accordingly.
* Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
* Advanced knowledge with backend Testing techniques; good knowledge of SQL; ability to write SQL statements to retrieve and validate the information from the databases.
* Advanced understanding of black-box testing: equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis, decision tables, etc.
* Advanced understanding of white-box testing: statement testing, and decision testing.
* Advanced knowledge of software development and testing, change management, environment management process improvement methodologies and tools.
* Ability to keep skills current with changing industry demands.
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
About Henry Schein
Henry Schein provides health care products and services to dental practitioners and laboratories, animal health clinics, physician practices, government, institutional health care clinics, and other alternate care clinics.