"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business." -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
* 17,000+ trained professionals
* 300+ locations worldwide
* Fortune 500
* Globally unified systems
Please note, this position has the potential to be located in either Dallas, TX or Seattle, WA.
ECCO Critical Logistics Management Team is responsible for developing core business applications that enable our world-wide network of operations and customers to efficiently manage and transport freight via collaborative internal and customer-facing systems. ECCO is a highly configurable Transportation Management System where system functionality and requirements are designed and built via configuration of frameworks. This role involves business knowledge, systems knowledge, and process analysis. It also involves participating in the design, hands-on implementation, and support of enterprise-scale software configurations. This role requires strong operations knowledge and the ability to pick up technical concepts.
The ideal candidate is motivated and self-starting. They possess sound judgment and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. They are able to communicate effectively with a broad range of audiences with an emphasis on customer service and teamwork. They are willing to gain new business and technical knowledge, are adaptable to change and comfortable working with ambiguity.
* Effectively elicit and analyze requirements to ensure the business goals and objectives are satisfied
* Strong collaboration with team members to ensure data and functional integrity across projects and systems
* Hands-on responsibility for system configuration approaches and implementation
* Actively participate in solution design, implementation and quality assurance activities
* Produce high quality and timely analysis and configuration deliverables
* Actively participate in discussions with project team(s) regarding the proper scope and features for each release
* Effectively communicate (written and verbal) requirements
* Participate in estimating tasks and defining the appropriate analysis process and deliverables for project assignments
* Participate in the definition, refinement and documentation of business analysis best practices
* Provide day-to-day user support, as well as drive improved user productivity through developing and implementing new business process and system solutions
* Technical aptitude with a strong understanding of business and functional requirements, as input to enterprise-scale software configuration
* Analytical mindset with high attention to detail and ability to work across multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, (written and verbal), to internal and external customers
* Experience with business and technical requirements gathering, process mapping and gap analysis
* Experience with systems and process documentation, modeling and flow charting
* Keen attention to detail, with excellent listening, verbal, and written communications skills
* Outstanding teamwork skills
* Fundamental understanding of our business with the ability to understand the broader consequences of decisions
* Customer-facing background
* Knowledge and/or experience in a transportation operations role
* Experience with enterprise-scale supply chain software
* Experience with a Transportation Management System
* Experience working with software development teams and processes
* Experience with XML, XSLT, EDI, systems integration
* BS/BA in Business or Information Systems (or similar) or comparable work experience
* Experience configuring business process in an ERP solution
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
* Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
* Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Successful candidates must pass a background check.
Expeditors (Expeditors International of Washington) is a logistics and freight forwarding company.