Headquartered in Pasadena, CA, CPO is America's leading online tool retailer, operating CPOOutlets.com, CPOMilwaukee.com, and CPOPowertools.com. We also sell on Amazon, Sears, Walmart and eBay, where we are the #1 Tool Retailer. We carry the full line of new condition products for each brand as well as the largest selection of factory reconditioned products in the U.S. Since we started the company in 2004, we've shipped over two million customer orders. Customers love us because of the great deals they can find at our brand outlet stores and our fast, friendly service. As a result, we've grown rapidly, and have been recognized as an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company for 7 years in a row.
* Using both conventional and digital tools (i.e Adobe Creative Suite) execute persuasive and informational communications efficiently by demonstrating strong graphic and web design skill sets with a keen eye for layout balance, typography, color and brand integrity. With each layout, illustrate sensitivity to messaging hierarchy and content readability. Additionally, keep skill sets current with media technologies and software advancements.
* Experienced in collaborating with team of copywriters, front-end developers, and other designers to take a project from initial concepts to production-ready, ensuring deliverables embody the vision and direction of the Creative Director.
* Working with Art Director and Senior Designers, maintain Essendant visual identity in all communications through effective and consistent application of the company's Corporate Identity Standards.
* Develop a thorough understanding of the Essendant Brand Standards in order to consistently and effectively integrate and articulate the company's brand voice and positioning in its communication materials.
* Research and understand current design trends in relation to UI/UX design, web design, promotional e-commerce design, and convential promotional vehicles.
* Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Strong design aesthetics (sensitivity to layout, imagery, typography, color relationships, and brand) and proven hands-on skills using Macintosh and PC based applications (i.e., PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, MS Office, etc.)
* Minimum of 3 years practical design experience in conventional print and digital communications (i.e., collateral, direct mail, catalog, web, email, etc.)
* Familiar with code versioning technologies and processes including GIT and SVN
* Knowledgeable in UI/UX design and experience with responsive design, website best practices, and SEO principals regarding page size, loading time, and HTTP requests
* Familiar with email design and email code development, understanding mobile and responsive principals along with best practices across multiple devices
* Comfortable taking design feedback and able to quickly deliver revisions that effectively satisfy suggested changes, engaging with design lead as necessary
* Experience Implementing your own designs -- we are a hands on environment
* Big Plus - ability to work in and around back-end development languages
Education and Experience
* Minimum 3 years proven experience
* Bachelors Degree Required
* Robust portfolio showcasing wide range of hands-on design and development experience on both digital projects (landing pages, email design, UI) and print deliverables. Front-end development examples required.
Essendant offers janitorial and sanitation supplies, breakroom items, foodservice consumables, safety and security items, and paper and packaging supplies.