PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services - you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, logging roads - everywhere our customers earn their living - Peterbilt's red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America's premium quality truck manufacturer since the company's founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers' performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Development and evaluation of advanced analytics models, including creating, validating, analyzing and explaining the data used for model development.
* Extract, clean, merge, transform and compile data from various data sources, including relational database, flat files, NoSQL databases and unstructured data.
* Working with stakeholders from your division to develop new analytics solutions, identify new data useful for analytics projects, and support analytics best practices.
* Develop new process improvements to increase the speed, accuracy and efficiency of our work.
* Provide accurate, relevant and meaningful ad-hoc analysis to management to support strategic and tactical decision-making.
* Create and present materials on engineering data projects.
Qualifications & Skills Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field.
* Minimum two years of applicable job experience, with a proven ability to make process improvements.
* Experience with, or understanding of statistical techniques, modelling, and machine learning.
* Experience with, or understanding of programming (R, Python, Java, or C#).
* Must be a highly-motivated self-starter and self-directed learner with a creative mind, high attention to detail and a solution-oriented outlook
* Candidate must demonstrate strong analytical skills, excellent general business acumen, with the ability to concisely and clearly communicate complex topics.
* Ability to maintain balance between solid "pragmatism" and "scientific rigor" to meet the needs of a dynamic business.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
* MBA or Master's degree in Computational Finance, Analytics, MIS or related field; or professional certifications such as CFA, CBIP, or MSCE in Business Intelligence.
* Demonstrable in-depth understanding of data structures.
* Familiarity with cloud storage and compute on AWS.
* Experience with working with big data (Scala, Spark, Pig).
* Experience with the operationalization and maintenance of analytics APIs using Plumber, Flask, Swagger and similar.
Additional Job Board Information
If you would like more information about what makes PACCAR an excellent place to work, please visit the PACCAR Career Site.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Denton
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Engineer, Construction, Scientist, Technology, Engineering, Science
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.