QIAGEN Waltham is looking for a unique individual to integrate with a multi-disciplinary team developing DNA sequencing and sample preparation technologies with the intent of improving the lives of patients. This interesting and growing market requires complex instrumentation and workflows containing pioneering chemistry, biochemistry, engineering, analysis algorithms. You will need to understand the basics of all of these fields in order to accomplish our goals. The position requires the deep understanding of raw data and the ability to turn the understanding into actions for yourself and the team members you work with. Day to day, you will be doing sequencing data analysis, signal analysis, data mining, ad-hoc analysis, data visualization, software engineering and discussions on how your results affect the research/the research affects your results. Strong coding skills are a must.
* Technical Skills: statistics, data analysis/munging/mining/visualization, signal analysis, algorithm development, distributed computing and computer hardware/configuration.
* Software Skills: MATLAB, Python, Java, SQL, and strong familiarity with office tools.
* Education: Computer Science, Engineering, Bioengineering, Chemistry, Biology.
* Experience: (Ph.D. || Masters || equivalent experience) & 1 to 3 years industry experience.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Effective prioritization based on clearly described. goals without micro-management.
* Flexibility and being able to handle high pressure situations.
* Desire to work in multidisciplinary and diverse environment.
* Relevant and focused problem-solving skills.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.