The Pfizer Data Science Team in StratCO Business Analytics (BA) is now looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of healthcare. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The scale and convergence of business, research, data, and technology is transforming healthcare, biopharmaceutical, and life sciences organizations today. BA's Data Science team shapes state-of-the-art new analytic capabilities to drive business transformation. We have several openings for data scientists to help in several ongoing commercial and R&D analytics projects.
* Mining massive amounts of real-world healthcare, research, and business data to extract useful insights.
* Capturing and analyzing data from new and novel data sources.
* Backend data and software engineering to build scalable solutions/algorithms, data pipelines, and helping to automate data processing challenges.
* Designing new means of communication of predictive modeling results through data visualizations, dashboards, apps, and workshops.
* Designing new visualizations to make descriptive analyses intuitive and more informative for additional modeling.
* Assisting in designing and executing predictive modeling projects using rigorous statistical methods and machine learning techniques.
* Suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team.
* 1-2-year experience
* BS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computational Biology, or similar Quantitative Field from a leading academic institution.
* Some experience/projects involving real-world analytical problems using machine learning, statistical modeling, or similar quantitative approaches.
* Fluency in SQL or other programming languages (Python, Java, and/or C++)
* Some development experience in at least once scripting language (PHP, Perl, Python, etc.).
* Basic understanding of statistical analysis, experience with R, MATLAB, Excel, etc. preferred.
* A passion for problem-solving, comfort with ambiguity, and creativity.
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and drive change, and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and organization.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
* Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.