The Associate Business Systems Analyst is responsible for working with stakeholders to produce, analyze, specify and validate business and solution requirements to meet business needs. Must be able to bring together a diverse stakeholder group, drive consensus and create a shared understanding between the customer community and the IT solution delivery teams while maintaining alignment with Business and IT Strategies. The Associate BSA is able to independently transition to unfamiliar business and systems domains. This role will report into the IT Global Shared Services team supporting enterprise systems.
* Perform current-state system analysis
* Create system-level process flows and sequence diagrams
* Capture and document technical functional and non-functional requirements
* Define acceptance criteria, create use cases and perform acceptance testing
* Perform data mapping between business concepts and technical constructs
* Develop and maintain a library of SQL reports
* Participate in providing business systems analysis services (analyze, define, troubleshoot, design, test, deliver, maintain) with assistance from Senior Business Systems Analyst.
* Contribute to identify, refine, and accurately articulate the business objectives and value proposition of assigned initiatives. Bring alternative perspectives and influence consensus among stakeholders.
* Empower users and super-users (by training and performing knowledge transfer) to leverage IT systems for business process automation and optimization.
* Lead and/or manage small to medium sized projects / enhancements.
* Collaborate with project leads to determine how requirements will be approached and managed for a particular project.
* Work with senior level Business Systems Analysts to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies; support risk management and change management activities.
* Responsible for assigned work with limited supervision to produce, specify and communicate business, system and implementation requirements.
* Ensure requirements are unambiguous and understandable by both business users and solution delivery teams.
* Build customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customer are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to customers.
* Execute the test strategy and test plans and ensure they adequately cover the requirements.
* Assist in defect resolution.
* Simultaneously support multiple initiatives as assigned.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors in Computer Science or a Business related discipline required
* Minimum 1 year experience supporting enterprise level applications or demonstrated equivalent competency
* Basic knowledge of IT systems and processes such as Change and Project Management
* Basic knowledge of Clinical Systems including but not limited to Clinical Data Management Systems, Electronic Data Capture, electronic Trial Master File (eTMF) and other cloud based solutions
* Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to analyze existing business processes, systems and workflows relating to the specific business organization.
* Understanding of implications of change and how to manage the implementation of change.
* Prefer knowledge of FDA regulations for life sciences, medical devices, and pharmaceutical companies
* Good interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
* Demonstrates initiative to implement lessons learned
* Demonstrates creativity to develop and implement innovative, thought provoking, "out of the box" solutions and changes, rather than just incremental improvements
* Ability to interpret and define business user requirements into detailed specifications
* Ability to develop training documentation & online training modules to lead business user workshops
About Edwards Lifesciences
Edwards Lifesciences is a company operating as a global provider of patient-focused medical solutions for structural heart disease and critical care monitoring.