The Associate Business System Consultant will be a default point of contact for US Commercial BTS (IT) and will work directly with business and technology teams to support the data and analytics services across critical business processes and various IT systems.
Key Responsibilities Includes:
* Business analysis, data analysis and data audits related to Field Analytics and Reporting.
* Responsible for delivering precise functional specifications to include process workflows, business rules, interface design specification and source to target data mapping.
* Works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and needs and opportunities for improvement; identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
* Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
* Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative IT solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
* Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing IT capabilities.
* Develops information systems strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. Reviews testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete.
* Conducts training. Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits. Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
* Manages relationships between clients involved and IT organizations to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within IT community on behalf of customers; coordinates system solutions.
* Allies with other IT functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps IT managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts.
* Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization; and for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
* Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* 5-7 years of related work experience.
* Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, mapping documents for data integration and technical requirements.
* Experience in requirements gathering and writing functional specification for data warehouse application is required.
* Experience in data analysis and data audits is required.
* Ability to function effectively in an environment with multiple and fluctuating priorities.
* Excellent communication skills, with tact and diplomacy.
* Experience working with cross-functional team is required.
* Experience Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) processes and writing Structured Query * Language (SQL queries) is a plus.
* AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. * Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day) * Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time * Job Type: Experienced * Schedule: Full-time
AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets both biopharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs.