The BI Department is responsible for deploying tools to support self-service data retrieval by business unit analysts as well as developing advanced reporting, analysis and process automation, all utilizing the Microsoft BI stack and technologies.
The Business Intelligence group is critical to Stamps.com's success as we drive business decisions through quantitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights and trends to key decision makers. We collect, aggregate and analyze data from multiple sources to help drive insights into business performance as well as produce actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement and display root cause analysis of problems.
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Stamps Company Overview:
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to nearly 750 thousand customers, including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShippingEasy®, ShipWorks®, and MetaPack®. Stamps.com's family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 475 unique partner applications.
Develop and support BI Universe. Design and implement SQL Server. Create and support data load process. Create and update business intelligence documentation
Essential Position Duties:
* Develop and support the SQL Server BI universe by creating tables, indexes, views, indexed views, functions, triggers, stored procedures, and tuning complex T-SQL queries. * Design and implement SQL Server 2008 R2/SQL Server 2012. * Analysis Services multi-dimensional cubes. * Perform automation via scripting tools such as PowerShell (in addition to T-SQL). * Create and support data load processes via SSIS and database refreshes. * Identify inefficiencies and gaps in current BI process and reporting solutions. * Package queries into stored procedures and jobs for scheduling. * Participate in design review sessions and ensure all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications. * Develop automated data audit and validation process to ensure end users are getting the right data. * Perform full implementation of SDLC. * Participate in project planning to analyze business requirements and outline solutions. * Participate in documenting all ETL processes and flows. * Leads small to medium technical projects for organization projects across platforms or business areas. * Create and update business intelligence documentation.
Additional Positon Duties:
* Sit for prolonged periods of time * Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time * Walk short distances * Stand for short periods * Speaking and conversing with others * Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Information Science or related field. * One (1) year of relevant experience. * Microsoft SQL Server 2005/ 2008 R2/2012 and all its products and features, such as SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Replication. * Report development using Tableau.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Knowledge of BI Methodology and best practices * Knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns and identify opportunities. * Excellent communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions * Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and prepare technical documents * Ability to design systems and applications based on analysts of business unit requirements * A strong interest in business or financial reporting and automation * Must enjoy learning new technologies and meet new challenges with enthusiasm
* Microsoft SQL Server 2005/ 2008 R2/2012 * SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL * Intermediate MS Excel Reporting
Travel Requirements (if applicable):
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.