Associate, Application Development-1901771
As a member of the Technology organization, you will be part of the team that serves the needs of Santander Bank, N.A., including products and services for personal, business and corporate customers. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to teamwork, and we encourage collaboration and innovation to be a smart, customer-focused and solutions-oriented organization
The Technology Team supports the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of all banking systems. This team has the expertise and commitment to develop high-quality solutions to meet the needs of a fast-paced and complex operating environment.
The Associate, Application Development develops, maintains, and enhances critical business applications, and provides specialized technical, and quick hit solutions for strategic and near term projects. S/he leads the design and development of solutions aligned with all facets of Tech Data's business units utilizing robust computing architectures in a multi-tier environment. The incumbent delivers products using the Scrum methodologies to ensure the highest priorities are delivered first.The Associate, Application Development is a subject matter expert who develops software programs to meet project schedule and maintains and supports existing software applications, while working to resolve complex issues.
* Analyzes business requirements across multiple business areas, usually as a team lead, including the evaluation of application software packages.
* Codes and configures application components and interfaces.
* Contributes to application software reporting initiatives.
* Creates impact and details design documents, translating requirements into an appropriate system design, and version control of deliverables.
* Develops and maintains good understanding of application environment.
* Develops high profile, high performance solutions using cutting edge technologies.
* Develops or modifies complex software that is optimized for performance.
* Formulates and defines application scope and objectives; devises and modifies procedures to solve business problems.
* Interacts with business areas, and systems analysts and/or business analysts to document business requirements and communicate project specifications; clarifies requirement-related issues as needed.
* Maintains and supports existing software applications Identifies and resolves complex app issues and bugs.
* Maintains software across multiple business units.
* Tests new installations and/or software prior to release to minimize failures and impact.
Additional Responsibility Statements
* Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
* Bachelor's Degree; in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
* Master's Degree; or equivalent work experience
* Knowledge of Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC).
Skills and Abilities
* Able to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
* Able to assimilate research data from a variety of sources, analyze, and recommend appropriate courses of action to take.
* Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
* Able to coach others in the development of their skills.
* Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
* Able to design applications using new or existing methodologies.
* Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
* Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information.
* Able to identify areas of risk/concern in area of responsibility.
* Able to identify needs and opportunities and develop action plans to address.
* Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
* Able to prepare/analyze appropriate reports and other business correspondence.
* Able to think strategically and tactically.
* Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
* Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
* Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard - 06367 - Columbia Park
Job Posting:Mar 21, 2019, 9:08:36 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO