Associate Application Developer
ADP is hiring an Associate Application Developer experienced writing software with various technologies such as Java / J2EE, SQL, Oracle, and testing in an Agile software development environment. Does this sound like you?
* Puzzle solver. Sees obstacles as opportunities. Uses logic and judgment to navigate and unravel challenges.
* Trailblazer. Passionate about change and shaping the future.
* Technical Whiz. Intrigued by the ever-evolving world of technology.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies.
As an Associate Application Developer you will support the development of ADP's "Workforce Now" product, a Human Capital Management system that provides Payroll, Human Resources (HR), Time Management, and Benefits Administration applications for clients with 50 -- 4,000 employees
Location: 15 Waterview Blvd., Parsippany NJ 07054
Things You'll Do
* Perform enhancements and modifications on the Workforce Now product
* Work within Product owners to understand the requirements for new features.
* Work with Quality Assurance (QA) members to communicate testing impacts and fix the defects reported
* Support the features during the early adaptor programs
* Work on client reported defects, help triaging and finding out root cause and fix the defects with high quality
Experience You'll Need
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related engineering field or equivalent experience.
* Strong Agile software development experience is a requirement
* Strong experience with Web 2.0 development using frameworks like dojo, react, Jquery, etc,
* Experience with working with remote teams on international locations
* In-depth knowledge of testing Web-based applications.
* Experience with software defect tracking systems such as Rally
* Ability to work under deadlines with heavy workloads as well as flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to meet testing needs.
* Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision. Strong sense of responsibilities and quality focus, fast learner and excellent interpersonal skills
* High attention to detail with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable in proactively communicating with others both within and outside of the immediate team to resolve issues and get questions answered.
* Ability to multi-task, triage issues, react well to changes in a fast paced environment
* Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently to resolve complex issues in a timely manner.
How You'll Stand Out: Experience with various technical skills such as:
* Object Oriented Design & Programming using Java/JEE
* Java Enterprise Technologies including Servlets and JSPs
* Web 2.0 frameworks like DOJO, React, JQuery or Anjular JS.
* Service layer development with Enterprise Java Beans(EJB) 3.0
* Java Persistence Architecture
* Web Sphere Application Server 8.0
* Eclipse/Rational Application Developer tool
* Component-based UI Development for web applications using Java Server Faces (JSF)
* Development of Custom components, converters and validators using JSF Framework
* Java Messaging System (JMS) / Kafka
* JAX-WS based web services and client development
* Dependency Injection using Guice / Spring framework
* Unit testing using Junit / Testing
* HTML5, CSS3 and SASS/LESS
* Development of restful services using Jersey JAX-RS implementation
* JSON serialization and deserialization using GSON and Jackson frameworks
* Custom widgets and component based development using Dojo and React Java Script Frameworks
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
ADP (Automatic Data Processing) is a company providing business process outsourcing services.