Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse - KPMG's Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics - has both applied data science, AI, and big data architecture capabilities. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals to explore the solutions for clients in a platform-diverse environment. This means your ability to find answers is limited only by your creativity in leveraging a vast array of techniques and tools. Be a part of a high-energy, diverse, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. For you, that translates into the chance to work on a wide range of projects - covering technologies and solutions from AI to optimization - and the power to have a real impact in the business world. So, bring your creativity and pioneering spirit to KPMG Lighthouse.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate to join our KPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
* Work in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to translate business requirements into artificial intelligence goals and solution architecture; Rapidly iterate models and results to refine and validate approach across deployment options from KPMG-hosted, client, laptop, cloud, and container
* Work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with both virtual and face-to-face interactions utilizing structured approaches to solving problems, managing risks, and documenting assumptions; communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations, reports, and presentations; Build ingestion processes to prepare, extract, and annotate a rich data variety of unstructured data sources (social media, news, internal/external documents, images, video, voice, emails, financial data, and operational data)
* Design, develop and maintain artificial intelligence-enabled managed services (APIs) with a team of Data Scientist, Software Engineers, and Project Managers; Architect, implement, and test data processing pipelines (e.g. Hadoop and Spark) and data mining/data science algorithms on a variety of hosted settings (Cloud, AWS, Azure, GCP, or KPMG's own clusters)
* Develop automated reporting for API and system health (process, memory, response time) utilizing leading processes for software development and analytics
* Translate advanced technical architectures into production systems and contribute to the continual maintenance and testing of processes, APIs and associated user interfaces; build continuous integration and automated deployment environments; Develop containers (Docker) to ensure that APIs and processing pipeline can be easily deployed across a variety of hardware and software architectures
* Minimum two years of prior experience working in teams of data & analytics professionals to deliver on business-driven analytics projects using big data methods on multiple programming languages and technologies; Direct experience or close working relationship with DevOps engineering; Multidisciplinary backgrounds preferred
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field with good understanding of object oriented design and design patterns
* Ability to work with local and international teams to understand available resources and constraints around data, architecture, platforms, tools, processes, and security; Provide support, and resolve problems, using excellent problem-solving skills, verbal/written communication
* Understanding of cloud and distributed systems principles, including load balancing, networks, scaling, in-memory vs. disk; Experience with large-scale, big data methods, such as MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, or Storm; Familiarity with agile software development practices, testing strategies and solid unit testing skills
* Fluency in several programming languages (Python, Scala, or Java), with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly; Ability to work efficiently under Unix/Linux environment with experience with source code management systems like GIT; Experience with cloud computing and virtualization, persistence technologies both relational and No-SQL and multi-layered distributed applications
* Ability to travel up to eighty percent of the time; Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.