The Associate Project Manager ensures the goals and objectives of a small project or phase of a larger project are met within the established cost and time-frame. You will maintain the quality of projects and report on all costs.
* Assists in the planning, management, coordination and financial control of an assigned project or phase of a larger project.
* Responsible for working with IS, vendors and customers to develop project stakeholders, roles and responsibilities, and budget.
* Identifies necessary resources including personnel, hardware and software, and makes recommendations for inclusion into the project.
* Collaborates on setting project goals, deadlines and budgets.
* Maintains quality and standards as prescribed and reports on related costs.
* Ensures project or phase meets established timelines/ milestones.
* Reviews status reports and makes recommendations for modification of schedules and/or plans as necessary.
* Confers with project staff and client to provide technical advice and resolve problems within scope of responsibilities.
* Coordinates project activities with department, vendors and consultants as necessary.
* Tracks actual performance against planned project performance and work with project team to understand variances.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, required.
* Minimum of three (3) years related technical experience including one (1) year of project management experience, required.
* Knowledge of assigned technical area (i.e. Finance, Healthcare, Facilities, Infrastructure) and in a similarly sized IT organization, required.
* Knowledge of project management best practices, as defined by PMI.
* Good communication and presentation skills, required.
* Experience with MS Project or NIKU Workbench; experience with CA Clarity or other PPM tool, preferred.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.