Want to work on some of the most cutting-edge technology in the entertainment industry? Want to bring joy to those who want to watch whatever they want to watch, virtually wherever and whenever they want? Join us!
AT&T's Media & Entertainment group provides an incredible video entertainment experience to millions of subscribers. The technology we develop is accessed across a wide range of devices, bringing hundreds of live channels and tens of thousands of video on demand titles to TVs, tablets and smartphones worldwide. We deliver this near flawless experience thanks to a team of expert developers who build amazing software on a massive scale, with infrastructure that powers everything from content acquisition, encryption, encoding to streaming, search, and much more! Our teams are the masterminds behind AT&T's products like NFL Sunday Ticket and DIRECTV NOW.
Leave a mark
Work for a Fortune 10 company on one of the most exciting video streaming service products in the world.
Play a big part in the success of AT&T while helping transform the tech scene in Los Angeles (not to mention mobile development across the world!).
Grow and be part of something big
As an Associate Director - Technology (Test Automation lead) you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing new, exciting and cutting-edge products for video streaming. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers, product owners, and business people engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver the best video streaming experience in the market. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership and meticulousness. You should also be comfortable collaborating regularly with colleagues across many of AT&T's current businesses
This is an initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside AT&T. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the potential customer and societal impact and will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the quality of the product.
What to expect
You'll be on a highly collaborative DevOps team that architects, designs, builds, deploys, tests and supports all aspects of the services we provide to millions of customers worldwide.
In our org, we are moving away from narrowly defined roles to allow everyone to work on all aspects of their product and to try out new things.
We're a leader in diversity with a commitment to fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to be a great place to work and we embrace our responsibility to reduce our environmental impact on the planet and are committed to helping our customers use our technology for social good.
What you bring to the team
This is a highly technical lead role. The successful candidate will be customer focused, obsessed with quality, with a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations. He or she should be a very strong hands-on manager with excellent technical skills including extensive development experience.
* Lead and mentor SW Engineers and SDETs with respective skills and methodologies of test automation
* Work closely with Product on practices re test automation (BDD)
* Set and drive adoption of Test Automation practices (including Unit, Integration and UI level tests)
* Actively drive innovation in Test Automation AI and ML
* Hand-on mentor and coach software engineers on test automation techniques
* Provide ideas and extend our test frameworks as needed and develop new testing tools
* Assist in ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting methods are effective, efficient, standardized, coordinated, and integrated
* Work closely with Engineering to understand the Product Architecture and identifying, designing, or enhancing existing test frameworks
* Able to multi-task, triage issues, react well to changes, work independently in a fast-paced environment
* Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance; detail-orientation is a must
* 10+ years hands-on software quality assurance testing experience, preferably with web and mobile applications in the software development industry
* 8+ years of in-depth experience developing test automation for business objects and entities independent of any available user interface
* 5+ years of hands-on experience in Automated Tests using Selenium
* 3+ year hands-on experience with Appium
* 5+ years of experience with Java and other language (Python, PHP, ruby etc.)
* Capability to think & contribute from Framework perspective, effects of changes & upgrades
* Habit of writing clean, re-usable & parameterized code for Tests, ensuring coverage
* Solid understanding of Object-Oriented technology, Design Patterns
* Experience with managing and mentoring Developers and SDETs
* Experience with code deployments and version control systems (GIT)
* Experience with Test Runners (TestNG), Test case management tools (like QMetry/JIRA)
* Experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
* Working experience with large-scale agile teams
* Experience with creating automation on projects which integrate with third party APIs
* Experience with Continuous Integration and familiarity with Continuous Deployment tool such as jenkins
* Ability to rapidly learn third party development / QA tools
* Experience with TDD or BDD
* BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Learn more about AT&T:
Job ID 1931075 Date posted 07/08/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.