The Microsoft Dynamics Consulting Practice is looking for a Solution Architect with Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement (CE) experience who has a mix of hands on experience on business applications implementation, architectural design and strategic business acumen.
The role requires a broad range of industry knowledge and Dynamics implementation experience in complex commercial or public sector engagements. The Solution Architect is key to enabling our sales team in pursuing enterprise customer opportunities. Pre-Sales Architects have a passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
The Architect will apply advanced analysis skills and experience in principals of the Dynamics 365 Solution to provide detailed reliable solutions and estimates for service implementations. To be credible he or she must have current and deep experience with implementing large CE engagements using Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales, Service, and Marketing.
Understanding of competitive technology enables the architect to properly assess feasibility of migrating customer solutions from, and/or integrating with customer solutions hosted on, non-Microsoft platforms. Advanced domain knowledge in one or more vertical industry is also an asset (i.e. financial services, state & local government, healthcare). Architects are expected to gain and maintain effective product group relationships.
The successful candidate will have 7+ years of relevant work experience in complex delivery (enterprise) or solution architecture.
Advanced technical selling and customer management skills are a requirement.
Additionally, you will have a BS/BA degree in a related field such as Business, Computer Science or Engineering or related work experience.
The Solution Architect will be required to assist or provide technical quality oversight at various points throughout a project lifecycle. To be successful, he or she must have proven experience managing projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction.
The role requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
Travel is an integral part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility. Travel can be as high as 75% as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Expert level knowledge required assisting customers in architecting, planning, testing and deploying Dynamics 365 for CE solutions including the following:
* Ability to drive a configuration first approach for Dynamics 365 CE implementations.
* Proven experience selling consulting engagements which includes estimating, scoping, responding to Request for Information/Proposal (RFI/RFP) and writing effective statements of work that clearly set expectations and limit risk.
* Demonstrated excellence at presenting complex topics to both executive and technical personnel.
* An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers.
* Working knowledge of specialized tools and solution providers whether they be Microsoft partners or competitors.
* Knowledge of full application lifecycle, design, tools and methodologies.
* Demonstrated exceptional consulting skills.
* Large enterprise deployment experience in complex heterogeneous environment.
* Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and the "roll up the sleeves" level of doing all phases of an application delivery project.
The Solution Architect helps customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing projects. To accomplish this, Solution Architect must be effective in fostering executive level relationships. They also play a key role in employing, leveraging partners and Microsoft GSI as part of the overall Microsoft services delivery model. Architects help translate business requirements into technology requirements for inclusion in contracts and/or statements of work (SOW). In some cases, the Architect will also assist in contract negotiations.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.