Job ID: BLB-1033156 Description:
This position is responsible for gathering and assessing business information needs and results for Value Base Care programs. Performs analyses, development and evaluation of data mining in a data warehouse environment as well as other healthcare systems which includes data design, database architecture, meta data and repository creation. Uses data mining and data analysis tools. Reviews and validates data loaded into the data warehouse and results from VBC programs for accuracy.
Generates ad hoc VBC operations reports, builds queries and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts.
Coordinates across HealthAnalytics teams to understand and translate data obtained from multiple sources to produce requested and/or required program results. Collaborates with Local Provider Network customers, Providers and explains business impacts from VBC program data.
Interacts with various stakeholders in support data requirements for Value Based Programs. Provides technical consulting to users of the various data warehouses and advises users on conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
Responsible for prototyping solutions, preparing test scripts, and conducting tests and for data replication, extraction, loading, cleansing, and data modeling for data warehouses. Possesses working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and data warehouse front-end tools. Must have an extensive knowledge of data warehouse and data mart concepts.
* Bachelor Degree and 1 year experience with data analysis and manipulation OR 3 years experience with data analysis and manipulation.
* 1 year experience in SQL or other BASIC programming language.
* 1 year of data analysis and information reporting experience.
* Knowledge of relational database concepts, and the creation of queries and reports using SQL or reporting tools (i.e., Cognos).
* Analytical, conceptual and root cause analysis skills.
* Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal, written and communication skills.
* Performs routine assignments in the entry level to a professional role
* Typically requires a college or university degree OR the equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts
* Receives significant instruction, guidance and direction from others
* Uses existing procedures to solve routine or basic problems
* Learns needed skills by performing assigned work
* Learns to work autonomously
* Worked with healthcare data, BlueCross BlueShield experience working with Value Based Care program data.
Analytical Thinking: Approaches a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach; makes a systematic comparison of two or more alternatives; notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information; identifies a set of features, parameters or considerations to take into account, in analyzing a situation or making a decision; approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail; weighs the costs, benefits, risks and chances for success, in making a decision identifies many possible causes for a problem; carefully weighs the priority of things to be done.
* Communication for Results: Listens and clearly presents information; presents information and facts in a logical manner, using appropriate phrasing and vocabulary; shares information willingly and on a timely basis; communicates honestly, respectfully, and sensitively.
* Conceptual Thinking: Uses rule of thumb to understand a situation or problem by putting the pieces together, seeing the large picture; identifies patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related; identifying key or underlying issues in complex situations.
* Information Seeking: Recognizes the information problems; asks questions and solicits procedural information to help resolve issue.
* Openness to Learning: Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a customers needs effectively. Has desire and drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform job more effectively
* Results Orientation: Listens and responds effectively to customer inquiries; resolves issues; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; presents a cheerful, positive manner with customers.
* Teamwork: Desires to work cooperatively with others on a team.
* Thoroughness: Accomplishes a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small; monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
* Understanding Environment: Knowledgeable about ones own department.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Analytics & Reporting Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago