Asset Wealth Management Cloud Architect
Req #: 190029068
Location: San Mateo, CA, US
Job Category: Technology
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management (AWM): the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities. We are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The Core Components and Architecture (CCA) group serves all aspects of the business, providing premier architecture solutions and services used as the foundation for technology development. We focus on enabling innovation, rapid execution and empowering the engineering teams across AWM. We develop architectural standard methodologies, core services and lead the development and adoption of Hybrid Cloud solutions using Cloud-native architectures, and platforms.
Our focus is on continuous improvement; we never settle for yesterday's achievements. We embrace the principles and values of Agile, the methodologies of Scrum and the practices of Lean. We lead by example and enable our engineering teams to deliver high-quality results to our business partners quickly. We are practitioners of inclusion and realize that the ultimate success of our organization relies on our ability to hire diverse candidates.
As a Cloud Architect, you will help define, communicate, deploy and oversee the strategy and implementation of Cloud solutions that will empower our engineering teams to seamlessly deploy applications across our hybrid (internal and external) Cloud environments. The challenge is real; the impact will be truly massive, and this is the opportunity to redefine how software is built, delivered and operated at one of the world's largest and most respected companies.
Your success in this organization will be based on:
* Your ability to define, communicate and implement a zero-friction, end-to-end, Cloud delivery model at one of the world's largest and most respected companies.
* Solutions you have delivered that will positively influence our engineering teams' ability to seamlessly, and continuously, improve business delivery lead time.
* Effective communication and shared understanding across our engineering and business communities with lessons learned, issues and best practices of Cloud technologies.
* 10+ years' experience as an IT Architect, with a focus on distributed systems architecture and design.
* Empathy for delivery teams and a passion for improving both productivity and experience for engineering teams.
* Expert in Spring, Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes - at scale - with experience deploying applications with a combination of internal and external Cloud providers.
* Deep understanding of Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end-to-end Cloud infrastructure architectures and designs.
* Demonstrated ability to architect and build high-volume, critical micro-services, and Cloud-native applications.
* Experience using, and writing, architectural patterns, standard methodologies, and guidelines for enterprise applications.
* A fundamental desire and focus on minimizing overhead and complexity while empowering and enabling self-managing & agile delivery.
* Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are essential, as are strong diplomatic skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholder groups.
* Contributions to open source technologies and building development communities across organizations.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.