The Asset Strategy Leader role is a highly visible and strategic role that develops and delivers global asset strategies and create plans that maximize asset value through exceptional cross functional leadership.
* A highly effective leader who has had demonstrable impactful experience leading development and or commercialization of drugs. Leader will need to marshal team in times of crisis to find the path through, think flexibly to lead in an inclusive manner whilst retaining ability to lead from the front when appropriate.
* Effectively analyze all relevant information to come to conclusions and solutions, testing them against relevant criteria and standards. Communicates effectively with others in figuring out solutions to complex problems. Understands functional impact of options.
* Applies what they know and have a good understanding of current assets in scope of responsibilities, as well as market trends and competitions. Can formulate strategies for the asset that enables the organization to keep it moving forward.
* Responsible for driving timely decisions by understanding what is important and asks the right questions to make decisions and evaluate strategic options; May rely more on supervisory input and guidance for high profile decisions. Able to work closely with asset team to navigate governance. Strives to be forward thinking, anticipating what others might need, and communicating proactively.
* With supervisory/team assistance, responsible for clearly articulating a captivating story with evidence based arguments that hold the interest of a listener, can objectively present ideas and concepts and gets the audience excited about the future. Responsible for guiding key conversations and articulating and defending recommendations to functional leaders & senior executives. Should be comfortable in having candid conversations with teams and stakeholders.
* Responsible for clearly articulating issues that enables the team to effectively problem solve. Manage conflicts by seeking and understanding all points of view, sorting out what is relevant, prioritizing issues, and engaging the team in discussions towards issue resolution. Knows when to escalate issues and works through governance to gain alignment. May require supervisory and team assistance in connecting the dots, aligning around functional deliverable/accountabilities and ambiguous situations.
* Works closely with the team to proactively identify risks and innovative mitigation strategies. Communicates all risks in a transparent manner ensuring awareness and mitigation strategies are front and center with all key stakeholders.
* May have experience in a single function, but should have project experience across multiple phases of development or commercialization that has provided exposure to other functions. Should have expertise in multiple phases of drug development and commercialization.
* Likely to have worked across a variety of settings including small molecule and bio-molecule, devices, biomarkers, companion diagnostics, geographically diverse settings, multiple phases of development and therapeutic areas / indications.
* Should have enough knowledge and understanding of functions that allow them to influence the function, challenge them, bring them along, and ensure the team is thinking big picture.
* Proven track record of superior performance
* Ability to lead and motivate with exceptional cross functional team effectiveness skills
* Proven skills in navigating within a highly matrixed environment and experience with formulating integrated, cross-functional strategies and plans
* Strong communication skills, including executive presence and strong presentation skills
* Heads & senior Leadership of all functions across the enterprise globally - External Agencies
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
* Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
* Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
* Job Type: Experienced
* Schedule: Full-time
AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets both biopharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs.