What you'll be doing...
We are seeking an enthusiastic technologist to drive cyber security initiatives focused on asset discovery, inventory and asset management. This individual will need to be familiar with a broad range of technologies and ideally will have experience working on medium to large, cross functional efforts at a company of scale. There will be a mix of hands-on tactical efforts (ie finding owners of discovered assets) and strategic projects (ie evaluating the asset lifecycle). Success will require someone to be very data and process driven, yet have a personality that can champion progress while facilitating positive relationships with both technical (i.e. IT, cyber-security) and nontechnical (i.e. supply chain, finance) resources.
Activities may include:
* Analysis and comparison of existing inventory solutions.
* Comparative analysis of known inventory to other sources (flow, SIEM, etc.) to identify "gaps"
* Partnering with leadership to determine solutions to close gaps and bring those into the standard process.
* Researching and investigating asset, inventory and security methods with a focus on operational process improvements.
* Working with various stakeholders to identify information asset owners to classify data and systems and determine existing risk levels.
* Partnering with supply chain, IT and others to mature the product lifecycle and enhance asset inventory security and stage gates.
* Handling routine and exception reporting against KPIs, standard procedure documentation and review transactions to measure compliance to procedures.
* Assisting with the development of asset management technical controls
* Conducting audits on systems, transactions and procedures to ensure accuracy and identify issues that could impact the company.
* Assisting with development of documentation related to asset management lifecycle, strategy, controls, asset management
* Presentation to cross-functional stakeholders and leadership to ensure the awareness of and ongoing success of the vulnerability reporting and management programs
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Exposure to the full stack of information technologies and associated security models - including server/OS, database, hardware, network devices, user compute, application/SDLC, etc.
Even Better if you have:
* Familiarity with the asset lifecycle.
* Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as NIST.
* Someone who understands high level concepts to ensure success at scale, but has strong mathematical and analytical skills is comfortable getting "hands on" with data Experience in database and ERP solutions, sufficient to work with large datasets (1MM+ records) is a plus.
* Experience with BI tools, such as Qlik, is a plus.
* Knowledge of asset discovery tools (i.e. Crowdstrike, Tanium, BDNA, ADDM, Tenable, etc.)
* Knowledge of Asset Management enterprise best practices for asset management.
* Certifications in ITIL or Asset Management is a plus.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.