The Asset Manager establishes and implements hardware and software acquisition, protection, maintenance and retention policies, standards and procedures that are aligned with IT standards and strategy. Investigates available hardware and software products, evaluates and recommends products based on user requirements. Coordinates with the procurement function to interview, select and negotiate with hardware and software vendors in order to purchase the appropriate equipment at the lowest cost. Reviews licenses and or contracts to ensure that hardware and software equipment is covered by the contract and properly documented.
The Asset Manager shall:
* Prioritize asset management workload to ensure timely delivery of asset management services;
* Develop technical documentation including processes, work instructions, forms, and governance materials to effectively manage and maintain hardware and software assets;
* Facilitate inventory of hardware and software assets to ensure effective controls are in place to safeguard assets;
* Develop project plans, schedules and other artifacts to implement systems, processes, and safeguards to ensure assets are safeguarded and maintained;
* Lead the technical components of the implementation, operation, and maintenance of the Asset Management System (AMS);
* Maintain an expertise of the Software and Device technologies supporting the AMS;
* Maintain a detailed understanding of the workflow for Incidents tracked in the AMS; and manage the technical interfaces between the AMS and other client and Supplier systems.
* Maintain responsibility for Billable Systems reporting;
* Serve as a technical advisor for complex Software discovery and Asset tracking issues; and maintain responsibility for overall inventory management, and serve as a lead for special audit and / or reporting requests.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelors in an Information Technology and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience.
* Experience in information technology, with experience as a service delivery technical lead for an Asset management services program involving the management of a diverse Asset inventory across multiple geographic locations.
* Experience in the implementation and customization of Asset management tools and processes.
* Experience with Asset lifecycle including acquisition, deployment, repair, upgrading and retirement processes from business, industry, and governing perspectives.
* Previous Supervisor experience of projects or project teams.
* Proficient in analytical project planning, negotiating, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability